Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2023, 08:09 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Sign with HMS? Don't think they have an opening.

But.. Gragson's situation is different. Probably, not as severe. Like I said, he goes back to JR, all will be forgiven, at least with the fans. And.. Sponsors, will probably forget all about it as well. Especially if Jr does a commercial for them as part of the sponsor agreement.

Gragson's career isn't over. His Legacy Motor Sports career.. That's over most likely. I'd prefer to see them let him finish out the year.. But, the writing has been on the wall. He was going to be out. I think John Hunter is in that car next year.

I don't get where calling either of Buescher's wins flukes comes from. Both Richmond and Michigan he led the most laps. Now, proper strategy at the end of a race.. I don't consider that 'fluke'.

Not sure he was the best car at the end today, but.. He was in front when the checkers flew.
Im not so sure about that... Jr is very cautious /afraid, weak when it comes to taking a stand or a position, not saying it won't happen if Gragson goes through the motions. I'm hoping that they do put a deal together to with Jeffery to drive the 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 08:21 AM

17,611 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
The sensitivity training deal. If Buescher does indeed have a better year the rest of the year, Ill eat crow!

He has more top 5's than Ryan Blaney.. more top 10's than Ross Chastain. And fewer DNFs than anyone other than Corey Lajoie, who has none (How is that possible?)

11th in points.. one position above Joey Logano. and 38 points out of 4th in points.

Credit where it's due.. He's having a career year. And RFK compared to where they have been the past several years, is having a resurgence.

Old 08-08-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
He has more top 5's than Ryan Blaney.. more top 10's than Ross Chastain. And fewer DNFs than anyone other than Corey Lajoie, who has none (How is that possible?)

11th in points.. one position above Joey Logano. and 38 points out of 4th in points.

Credit where it's due.. He's having a career year. And RFK compared to where they have been the past several years, is having a resurgence.
Exactly right! Also its not like their other car is running terrible like some of the other teams, Brad is up there running in the top 10 and leading laps. Brad deserves a crap ton of credit.

Old 08-08-2023, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Exactly right! Also its not like their other car is running terrible like some of the other teams, Brad is up there running in the top 10 and leading laps. Brad deserves a crap ton of credit.

Seeing as they're apt to put 2 cars in the chase, as Brad is fairly solidly in.. If i'm not mistaken, there's three races until the playoffs start, and he's 14th.. I *THINK* that if we have a repeat winner this weekend or Brad wins, then Brad's locked in. I haven't done all the math, but.. Let's just say it'd be a shock for him to miss out.

This also means, basically, they'll have the same number of cars in the playoffs as Hendrick, Penske and 23XI. More than RCR, Trackhouse, SHR and JTG and trailing only JGR which would have all 4 drivers in.. Though, Ty Gibbs is in by the skin of his teeth right now, and could lose out to either McDowell, Suarez or a first time winner

If the playoffs were to start today.. I'd put money of RFK to put at least one of their drivers in the final 4, and probably both in the top 8.

Hendrick has been spotty, Penske hasn't been doing overly well, Trackhouse has been inconsistent, and JTG.. Well, they're a first or second round exit

A bit of news.. Gragson is out at least the next 2 races, but.. Supposedly, he has not been released by Legacy. Rumors of that did start this morning after the announcement that Mike "Rocky" Rockenfeller, a road course ringer, will fill in I'm not familiar with him, but he was apparently involved with the Garage 56 deal for Hendrick at Le Mans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rockenfeller

Old 08-08-2023, 02:13 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
I was still surprised they canned Gragson completely. I wonder if it was team or sponsor decided?

Disregard. Apparently not fully decided yet.

Last edited by m1a1mg; 08-08-2023 at 02:23 PM..

Old 08-08-2023, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
I was still surprised they canned Gragson completely. I wonder if it was team or sponsor decided?

Disregard. Apparently not fully decided yet.
I think it's just a formality at this point. It was.. Getting some clarity that he wasn't going to be back next year. Toyota wants to move John Hunter up for several reasons, not the least of which is to make room for the next set of drivers at JGR.

They need to move Corey Heim up to Xfinity next year to open up a seat for Jesse Love. That kid has won 6 of 11 ARCA starts this year. So, John Hunter gets moved up to Cup to open that seat for Heim.

They already lost Chandler Smith because no open ride was available, Brandon Jones.. Jones probably would have been in Cup next year if he hadn't left Gibbs. His year with JR has been a disaster. Not necessarily of his own making.

Old 08-09-2023, 06:04 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Quote:
I think it's just a formality at this point. It was.. Getting some clarity that he wasn't going to be back next year. Toyota wants to move John Hunter up for several reasons, not the least of which is to make room for the next set of drivers at JGR.

They need to move Corey Heim up to Xfinity next year to open up a seat for Jesse Love. That kid has won 6 of 11 ARCA starts this year. So, John Hunter gets moved up to Cup to open that seat for Heim.

They already lost Chandler Smith because no open ride was available, Brandon Jones.. Jones probably would have been in Cup next year if he hadn't left Gibbs. His year with JR has been a disaster. Not necessarily of his own making.
It makes sense that Toyota would have a big say in who they want in their cars. Legacy, being the new guy on the block for Toyota, pretty much has to go along at this point. They don't have the influence of Rick Hendrick at this stage.

Although Noah had a terrible year as a rookie, you can't put all the blame on him since Legacy was a Chevy lame duck. Hopefully he'll get a new life back in Xfinity and can come back to CUP later.

Old 08-09-2023, 06:08 AM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
Anybody believe that Chase Elliott can win in the next two road courses to get into the playoffs? He seemed a bit defeated after his wreck at Michigan. I'm sure that HMS will give him the very best car to see if they can get him in. It will be all up to the driver then.

Old 08-09-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
It makes sense that Toyota would have a big say in who they want in their cars. Legacy, being the new guy on the block for Toyota, pretty much has to go along at this point. They don't have the influence of Rick Hendrick at this stage.

Although Noah had a terrible year as a rookie, you can't put all the blame on him since Legacy was a Chevy lame duck. Hopefully he'll get a new life back in Xfinity and can come back to CUP later.

I don't think Gragson is a bad driver.. But.. It's not working there. Neither is Ty Dillon, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Anybody believe that Chase Elliott can win in the next two road courses to get into the playoffs? He seemed a bit defeated after his wreck at Michigan. I'm sure that HMS will give him the very best car to see if they can get him in. It will be all up to the driver then.

CAN he? Of course, he's basically a threat to win any time and any where.. And he's certainly one of the best road course racers in Cup now.

Will he? He hasn't looked good lately.

Old 08-10-2023, 08:11 AM

I know we have become used to this nonsense that we just go along like it is normal, but then when you read a statement like Wells made you get snapped back to reality of just how obscenely ridiculous this has become! The kid hit a like button on a stupid meme on social media and his life is turned upside down!! Not like he killed somebody while driving drunk or was arrested for some heinous crime... We are a society of *******; God forbid the day these people have to actually face some real challenge.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...club-contract/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing