Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2023, 07:38 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I dont recall ever hearing he was being considered as a replacement for Berry.
I dont think Labonte was thinking of Berry but Jones...
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Sign with HMS? Don't think they have an opening.

But.. Gragson's situation is different. Probably, not as severe. Like I said, he goes back to JR, all will be forgiven, at least with the fans. And.. Sponsors, will probably forget all about it as well. Especially if Jr does a commercial for them as part of the sponsor agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 11:13 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Jr nabs another one from Gibbs... So much for Gragson returning to JRM. So now where does he end up.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...finity-series/

It hasn't ended well when they did it in the past. Well.. Not entirely fair.. But Brandon Jones had a horrid year. Smith has a ways to go. He has talent, but is a bit wreckers or checkers.

I had no information that Gragson might go to JR.. Just that.. if he did.. It'd restart his career.

JGR has an empty cupboard at present in Xfinity. They have zero drivers signed, at least that I know of. Nemechek is headed to cup and Smith to JR..

I figure next year that Corey Heim gets one of the rides. He's ready to move up to the next level. Obviously, one of the cars will likely be the 'star car' with part time drivers.. And that leaves one open seat.. Which.. I would really like to see Trevor Bayne get another shot. He's done everything BUT win in the limited runs he's done at JGR over the past 2 years.

Jesse Love likely takes over Heim's ride in the truck series and Taylor and Tanner Gray hold serve there.. I don't know Dean Thompson's status, but.. He has not impressed.

Hailie Deegan.. I believe her career is basically coming to a screeching halt after this year. It's possible that she picks up with another team, but.. I think Ford is to the point of giving up on her. They gave her everything to have her succeed this year and.. She has 1 top 10.

Old 09-27-2023, 12:02 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,898,735 times
Quote:
I dont think Labonte was thinking of Berry but Jones...
Sign with HMS? Don't think they have an opening.

But.. Gragson's situation is different. Probably, not as severe. Like I said, he goes back to JR, all will be forgiven, at least with the fans. And.. Sponsors, will probably forget all about it as well. Especially if Jr does a commercial for them as part of the sponsor agreement.
He will be driving the 8 car, which Josh Berry currently drives in Xfinity, hence my comment.

Old 09-27-2023, 01:46 PM

Kyle Busch sold his truck team to Spire Motorsports.

Old 09-27-2023, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Kyle Busch sold his truck team to Spire Motorsports.

Going got tough without Toyota throwing all that money at him.. lol

That team is.. Not doing great after switching to Chevy. I would have just considered it growing pains, but.. They only have 1 full time team this year, I believe. Chase Purdy.. and. He's not been horrible, but.. For them to only win 2 races in a year, and those being Kyle races.. That's a down year.

I would suspect he got spoiled a bit by how he was the main Toyota team. They basically fed drivers to him, fed tech.. I think TRD ran more of that team than Kyle did. Just speculating.

Old 09-28-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Going got tough without Toyota throwing all that money at him.. lol

That team is.. Not doing great after switching to Chevy. I would have just considered it growing pains, but.. They only have 1 full time team this year, I believe. Chase Purdy.. and. He's not been horrible, but.. For them to only win 2 races in a year, and those being Kyle races.. That's a down year.

I would suspect he got spoiled a bit by how he was the main Toyota team. They basically fed drivers to him, fed tech.. I think TRD ran more of that team than Kyle did. Just speculating.
I suspect youre right, but in the article, he said it was to concetrate more on the Cup team and the championship, and the fact his sons career is taking up a good bit of his time he couldnt give 100% to the truck team. Ive seen this a good bit over the years. Good driver with a good career starts his own team(s), stops being a good driver, sells team and he back to being a good driver again.

Old 09-28-2023, 08:08 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
I suspect youre right, but in the article, he said it was to concetrate more on the Cup team and the championship, and the fact his sons career is taking up a good bit of his time he couldnt give 100% to the truck team. Ive seen this a good bit over the years. Good driver with a good career starts his own team(s), stops being a good driver, sells team and he back to being a good driver again.
Well it worked for Harvick sold his truck team and won a cup championship.

Old 09-28-2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Well it worked for Harvick sold his truck team and won a cup championship.

Funny enough.. up until yesterday.. The justification for KBM (And, as I recall for KHI as well) was to have a team for the kid. Brexton or Keelan as they were growing up.

Old 09-28-2023, 09:19 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,954,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I don't understand all the issues that they're still having with loose wheels. And from what I think I saw yesterday, in a couple of close up shots the cameramen were able get, after the wheels vacated the cars, it appeared while the outer bead of the wheel is holding up, the inner bead is breaking off. Therefore, the tire isn't being properly retained on the wheel.....
Quote:
I seem to recall there being some sort of issue with the suspension of the car causing that, but I cant seem to find what I was looking for on it. ....
One of the announcers (Steve Letarte , maybe?) explain that as the wheel comes off of the hub, it rides on the brake caliper assembly, which in turn cuts trough the aluminum wheel as if it were on a metal lathe, basically bisecting it.

Old 09-28-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Funny enough.. up until yesterday.. The justification for KBM (And, as I recall for KHI as well) was to have a team for the kid. Brexton or Keelan as they were growing up.
Of course now the rumor mill is that Kyle will, or has, bought into RCR and has no need for KBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
One of the announcers (Steve Letarte , maybe?) explain that as the wheel comes off of the hub, it rides on the brake caliper assembly, which in turn cuts trough the aluminum wheel as if it were on a metal lathe, basically bisecting it.

That may be what Im thinking of, but I thought it was a suspension part doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing