Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 03:01 PM

5,677 posts, read 5,898,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Atlanta and Homestead will be run with no spectators in attendance. Past that, decisions will be made at a later date.
Aint hardly nobody there to start with, so...………..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 10:35 AM

17,612 posts, read 15,298,210 times
And an about face.. Atlanta and Homestead are now postponed.. No racing this weekend.

What the blue snot are some of these networks going to air? ESPN specifically..

I presume Fox might reair last years' Atlanta race.

It'd be cool if they went further back.. The 2000 Atlanta race was good.. OR.. Put up one of the Rockingham races they aired.. Bet that'd put some butts on the couch.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:17 PM

9,520 posts, read 9,836,609 times
I expected them to cancel.

Well, guess I can get some of those chores around the house that need to be done.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:27 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
And an about face.. Atlanta and Homestead are now postponed.. No racing this weekend.

What the blue snot are some of these networks going to air? ESPN specifically..

I presume Fox might reair last years' Atlanta race.

It'd be cool if they went further back.. The 2000 Atlanta race was good.. OR.. Put up one of the Rockingham races they aired.. Bet that'd put some butts on the couch.

competitive frisbee toss? darts? maybe they get daring and bring back lawn darts? badmitton? oh i know, batting practice, or putting practice.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:19 PM

NASCAR is expected to make an announcement today with tentative plans moving forward.

Expected that races through the end of April will be postponed with the possibility of it being all the way through Martinsville on May 9th

Word is.. They do not want to cancel any races. These will all be postponements.

Races affected, outside of Atlanta and Homestead.. Would be Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega, Dover and Martinsville.. With resumption coming in time for All Star Weekend at Charlotte.

Now.. The below is all my opinion..

Short of Atlanta and Homestead.. All tracks that would have events postponed have 2 races per year. With them doing the 'double' at Pocono.. I believe that we may see a combination of mid-week racing and 2 events per race weekend.

Somewhere like Talladega.. I could see a Wednesday race and then race again on Sunday. Giving teams the chance to return to the shop to swap out cars (As 'Dega is a place where that's likely to be a need).. Whereas places like Richmond.. We could see a Saturday/Sunday race... And perhaps Atlanta on a Wednesday and Homestead on a Sunday.

Bristol, Richmond, Martinsville, Atlanta and Talladega are close enough to Charlotte where many more options are available. Dover, Homestead and Texas are a bit more problematic.

Also.. There's the problem of the 'second' races at these locations being chase races.. So.. It'd be a massive migraine if they ran 2 races at these tracks and the first race of a weekend were 'regular season' and the second was a chase race.. I mean, imagine not really knowing whether you were in the chase or not until the first race of the weekend at Martinsville on November 1st. But.. On some level.. I find that cool as crap.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:20 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,837,747 times
Races postponed until May.

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2020...e-coronavirus/

Old 03-19-2020, 03:58 PM

Racing is on this Sunday. 1:30pm on FS1 from "Homestead-Miami Speedway"

The Fox broadcast team of Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds and Jeff Gordon will have the call of the inaugural iRacing Pro Invitational

A full 35 driver field will compete with names such as Dale Earnhardt, Jr, Bobby Labonte, Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski and many more.

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass/...bP2raGQ5E1KVzQ

Old 03-19-2020, 10:27 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Quote:
Racing is on this Sunday. 1:30pm on FS1 from "Homestead-Miami Speedway"

The Fox broadcast team of Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds and Jeff Gordon will have the call of the inaugural iRacing Pro Invitational

A full 35 driver field will compete with names such as Dale Earnhardt, Jr, Bobby Labonte, Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski and many more.

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass/...bP2raGQ5E1KVzQ

Cool.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:35 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Well, that eRacing thing was different...

Old 03-23-2020, 08:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Well, that eRacing thing was different...

it was amusing at first, and might be interesting going forward, but we shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing