Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:38 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,670,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
This site lets you send a message to FOX Sports.

Contact Us | FOX Sports Supports

I sent this today.

Please consider removing Darrell Waltrip from your NASCAR racing coverage. He is not well respected and is contributing to the demise of the sport.
His brother Michael Waltrip is actually disrespected by many but is not annoying fans throughout the entire races like DW is with his silly corn ball statements while in the booth.
I think that is patently FALSE! Darrell Waltrip is very well respected within the NASCAR community! His brother Michael is not on the same level but certainly is one of the familiar faces of NASCAR.... regardless neither are contributing to the demise of the sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 12:49 PM

5,677 posts, read 5,901,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think that is patently FALSE! Darrell Waltrip is very well respected within the NASCAR community! His brother Michael is not on the same level but certainly is one of the familiar faces of NASCAR.... regardless neither are contributing to the demise of the sport.
Yes, very respected:

https://www.espn.com/auto/nascar/new...26/551986.html

But he didnt do anything wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfXrw6pgAI

Look anything like the end of Daytona this year? In a post race interview, DW said he didnt mean to spin him out, then grinned about it, but I couldnt find that interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqJ2jft5hP4

I can go on. I can also come up stuff that shows him in a different light, a super guy. These are just a few things that stick out in my mind at the moment. Someone on Facebook once did a poll, should DW be on TV or not. The NOTs won hands down.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:14 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,920,536 times
I just watched the Daytona 500 replay and I have to say I really liked this package they have for the cars. They were actually able to race. I think they should also put those helmet cams on every single driver.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:41 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,428,499 times
I havn't watch very many after Dale Sr was killed. When I did tune in, if DW was on I had to turn off the sound. All the announcers seem to say the same thing every race. The cars are the stars, lets hear them, dont talk so much. Would be nice of you could cut out all the annoying talking and still hear the cars.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
The most exciting part of the race for me is what flies over after the National anthem ,after that its just a bunch of cars going round and round for several hours..boring.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:32 AM

Your right... no driver that wrecks someone intentional or not is not very well respected within NASCAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2R3iXnNaF8

Obviously your not a Waltrip fan.. that's fine... Most multi champions have their share of naysayers... Kyle Busch gets more boos than he does cheers every Sunday but every one within NASCAR respects him because of how good he is.. Saying Waltrip is not respected is akin to saying Busch is not respected.. but that would be wrong.. of course.. just my opinion...

Old 03-11-2018, 06:27 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,428,499 times
Not a fan of DW. Its nothing to do with his racing. He just doesnt belong in the booth as an announcer. Two different things.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Not a fan of DW. Its nothing to do with his racing. He just doesnt belong in the booth as an announcer. Two different things.
I certainly think that his run in the booth is about over... I just question the claim that DW is not respected in NASCAR and is causing their demise... NASCAR might be having issues but it seems silly to me to blame DW... or claim he is contributing to their demise. In fairness, you can blame anyone and everyone within NASCAR for their demise... but at the same time, you have to praise him some for their rise... DW was in the booth at the beginning of the NASCAR boom so its stands to reason to believe he was part of the reason... or perhaps you can claim NASCAR boomed despite DW... regardless, i was watching/listening/following NASCAR Long before the boom and I will be watching long after DW is gone.. I don't lose much sleep worrying about NASCAR TV ratings. They might lose some or all TV money but I don't expect the sport to simply fold... as long as their are tracks hosting stock car racing, i will be attending..

Old 03-13-2018, 02:37 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,699,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I certainly think that his run in the booth is about over... I just question the claim that DW is not respected in NASCAR and is causing their demise... NASCAR might be having issues but it seems silly to me to blame DW... or claim he is contributing to their demise. In fairness, you can blame anyone and everyone within NASCAR for their demise... but at the same time, you have to praise him some for their rise... DW was in the booth at the beginning of the NASCAR boom so its stands to reason to believe he was part of the reason... or perhaps you can claim NASCAR boomed despite DW... regardless, i was watching/listening/following NASCAR Long before the boom and I will be watching long after DW is gone.. I don't lose much sleep worrying about NASCAR TV ratings. They might lose some or all TV money but I don't expect the sport to simply fold... as long as their are tracks hosting stock car racing, i will be attending..
Leaving the DW subject aside for now I would just like to say that the lessening of visible fans in the stands and smaller TV ratings makes me nervous about the complete coverage of races.

When they started TVing races it was a slow process till they got to the point of providing all the races in a season. Many of us will be very disappointed if they stop showing all the races on TV.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:41 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,926,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Leaving the DW subject aside for now I would just like to say that the lessening of visible fans in the stands and smaller TV ratings makes me nervous about the complete coverage of races.

When they started TVing races it was a slow process till they got to the point of providing all the races in a season. Many of us will be very disappointed if they stop showing all the races on TV.
I kind of hope NASCAR does lose the TV money. Then maybe the sport will tighten its collective belt and return more to its roots of being "stock car" racing. Lose the engineering and the pretty boy drivers. Let's get the guys back that can wrench on their own cars and "dig" for the their successes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing