Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 01:58 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,747 times

Advertisements

Yeah and the races started a 1pm EST. These later and later starts are junk. All the needless hype doesn't help. I now look at the official drop of the flag and show up then. Never had to do that in the past since the races started quickly after the telecast started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 05:32 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,698,859 times
The official fan vote for the NASCAR Hall of Fame’s 2018 class is officially open.

Fans who participate between now and May 24 will help contribute to one of the 54 ballots that will be cast in the voting process.

When voting at nascar.com fans can choose up to five nominees and they can vote up to 50 times a day.

There are 20 nominees on the ballot this year. Joe Gibbs, Roger Penske, Davey Allison, Bobby Labonte and Red Farmer are the newest additions to the ballot.

VOTE HERE: Hall of Fame | NASCAR.com

Old 04-09-2017, 06:07 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,164,594 times
Well went to a cookout with a bunch of guys that wanted to watch the Masters.

NASCAR news seems to be getting thin after the races. I saw Jimmy won, and finishing results, but not much else.

Did the repaving affect the race much?

Stands look full?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:43 PM

3,509 posts, read 769,970 times
there was a race today ?

Old 04-10-2017, 07:04 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,560,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Well went to a cookout with a bunch of guys that wanted to watch the Masters.

NASCAR news seems to be getting thin after the races. I saw Jimmy won, and finishing results, but not much else.

Did the repaving affect the race much?

Stands look full?
The repave made for a very narrow one lane for the first 1/2 of the race or so, but after a bit some drivers were able to make a higher line work. Still pretty treacherous going into turns 1 & 2, but all indications are the track should come around a bit quicker than the typical repave.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:21 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,747 times
Stands were about the usual half full.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:11 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,033,703 times
Let's add mufflers to reduce the noise and maybe they should think about adding catalytic converters as well to reduce air pollution.
Heck, maybe they should just go all electric and at the end of every segment they can have a 20 minute yellow to recharge? Or maybe just put steel contact rails in the ground like Slot Car tracks have...

NASCAR is making itself irrelevant. I still say they should go back to their roots where you can't run a car unless it's a production car and get away from the one chassis,one body, different wrap/stickers fits all.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:38 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,164,594 times
Actually a few pages back we discussed NASCAR entertaining mufflers................they are certainly grasping at straws.

NASCAR considers turning down the volume on its cars - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

Old 04-11-2017, 05:02 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,033,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Actually a few pages back we discussed NASCAR entertaining mufflers................they are certainly grasping at straws.

NASCAR considers turning down the volume on its cars - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global
Yeah I know, figured I'd mock the idea again and add some other "ideas" they can consider...

Old 04-20-2017, 02:31 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,698,859 times
Default Jayski: Weather could be an issue at Bristol this weekend

Friday morning could be mostly dry as rain activity will increase into the afternoon and evening. This as a cold front works into eastern Tennessee Friday afternoon and evening.
The same front lifts northward allowing for more moisture to spill in on Saturday. Saturday will feature more scattered "hit or miss" type showers and storms during the day with an increase in showers and storms late Saturday afternoon and Saturday night. The odds of racing the Xfinity race Saturday afternoon is around 50 to 60 percent with possible delays due to the weather.

The main weather event is a storm system moving in over the region Saturday night into Sunday. While timing looks to bring a cold front and storm center through sometimes Sunday morning, there is a possibility of lingering rain and drizzle Sunday afternoon. This is a more complicated forecast. I definitely expect some delays for Sunday but the big question is will NASCAR postpone Sunday's race to Monday or will it dry out enough to race on Sunday night. Those decisions are not up to me. While I am not calling Sunday a wash my current odds of racing the Monster Energy Cup Series Food City 500 is around 40 to 50 percent. Timing and how much lingering precipitation we have Sunday afternoon will be the biggest deciding factor. Personally, if I was going Sunday to Bristol - I'd have a Monday backup plan.

Jayski

WeatherBug at this time says Sunday afternoon there is a 70% chance of rain at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing