Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 10:51 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I know it's just the 2nd race of the season but It's time to be a professional and stop being a fan boy for Hendrick.

I don't remember Steve Letarte being such a fan boy as Gordon is. All we hear from him is Hendrick this, Hendrick that, blah, blah, blah.

Even DW stopped being a fan and is just a commentator.

Rating so far IMO D
I find Jeff refreshing in that he is so positive and unlike DW, every time my driver does something good, he doesn't try to make it into something negative. Keep up the good work, Jeff. I like you better as an announcer than I did as a driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 06:28 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Looks like Gordon is at it again,
From Jayski,
Keselowski say Gordon is biased in broadcast booth: #2-Brad Keselowski's car took a shot in the pits and then he took aim at Jeff Gordon. Keselowski, the pole sitter for Monday's race at Pocono Raceway, ran into early trouble when he was called back to the pits because of unapproved body modifications on his #2 Ford. One of his pit crew members threw a shoulder block into a side panel, which caused a dent that potentially could give the car more sideforce and an aerodynamic edge on the track. Crew members argued with pit officials, to no avail. Keselowski rallied to finish third, though his Ford was quickly surrounded by NASCAR officials. The car did not fail postrace inspection. Keselowski was angered when told that the FS1 broadcast aired footage of his crew doing something similar during a pit stop earlier this year at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Keselowski was not penalized and won the race. Gordon, the retired four-time NASCAR champion and an analyst for the FS1 broadcast team, explained on the broadcast how Keselowski might have an edge. As he spoke, the network showed a replay of the Las Vegas pit stop.
After the Pocono race, Keselowski was upset that Gordon is broadcasting while he still owns a stake in Hendrick Motorsports. "They need to get some people in the booth who aren't inbred to the sport and own teams and have internal knowledge, because that's pretty crappy," Keselowski said. "But it is what it is."
"It's not that I don't like Jeff Gordon in the booth," Keselowski said. "It's that you need to have people who don't own teams or have commercial interests in the sport, because they say things that are very biased."
Gordon later tweeted an apology. "My mistake comparing @keselowski @LVMotorSpeedway incident today @poconoraceway but @NASCAR called car down pit road to fix issue not me," he wrote. "My mistake was that @keselowski didn't get a penalty for the 'body modifications' during @LVMotorSpeedway race."(Associated Press)(6-7-2016)

I always liked Gordon as a driver but as a broadcaster, not so much.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,033,703 times
Oh puuuuhleeeese! Nit pick much? Did Keselowski's team attempt to CHEAT by bending the body and it drew the attention of the NASCAR judges? Why yes, yes they did, and it did.

So just because they didn't get nailed for it at Vegas but did in Pocono AND because the commentators discussed why NASCAR might take umbrage at the body mods it's somehow Jeff's fault?

Sounds to me like Brad is just whining about Jeff because he'd get fined for whining about NASCAR officials and any mistake they might have made.
C'mon Brad, man up and face who you're really upset with...

What a baby...

You'd have to live in a cave if you don't KNOW that all teams try and cheat the system to gain an edge and sometimes NASCAR makes spilt second decisions that turn out to be wrong, just like refs in ALL sports.
Just because Jeff pointed out why poor wittle Brad had to serve a penalty and what was behind the NASCAR official's thinking/rules violation doesn't make Jeff biased.

I'm well aware some just DON'T LIKE JEFF but I think he's doing an ok job giving opinions and such that are from a driver who has CURRENT experience not experience from the stone ages when cars litterally had to be cranked over...

Old 06-07-2016, 08:45 AM

I made my complaint to Fox Sports about Gordon being too much of a fan boy. Time for him to grow up and act like a professional broadcaster.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:39 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,863,747 times
Like who, DW or Michael W? Nascar isn't about professionalism in the booth. All those guys are fan boys to some degree - or for some driver or another. Jeff does fine. Brad is simply a jerk and always will be. Like most drivers he can only see others mistakes and rarely his own. His team got caught, period. Brad should be angry with them for cheating in a spectacularly stupid way, not Jeff or Fox for pointing out how dumb they are/look. Anyhoo, both Waltrip's had ownership stakes at one point. Didn't seem to make a difference either.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I made my complaint to Fox Sports about Gordon being too much of a fan boy. Time for him to grow up and act like a professional broadcaster.
<BOLD> Maybe best advice for some drivers? (ahem.... Brad...)

"Jeffy was beeeeing meeeeeeeeean to meeeee" wahhhhh,wahhhhh wahhhhh.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:20 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,587,398 times
Nothing Jeff said was wrong, I don't see the issue.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:33 PM

759 posts, read 638,068 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Like who, DW or Michael W? Nascar isn't about professionalism in the booth.
Anyone remember the end of the 2001 Daytona 500?

No, I'm no talking about #3 hitting the wall. I'm talking about DW in tears saying "Mikeeeeyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!" when MW crossed the finish line....

Old 06-07-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Anyone remember the end of the 2001 Daytona 500?

No, I'm no talking about #3 hitting the wall. I'm talking about DW in tears saying "Mikeeeeyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!" when MW crossed the finish line....
No problem with that you get a pass when it's your brother, son going for the win.

The problem I have with Gordon is that it's non stop Chase and the 24 fan boy from the beginning of the race till the end.

I don't care that he called out Brad. That's what you do when somebody you don't like beats up on your former team.

Luckily the Hendrick teams were never accused of cheating.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
No problem with that you get a pass when it's your brother, son going for the win.

The problem I have with Gordon is that it's non stop Chase and the 24 fan boy from the beginning of the race till the end.

I don't care that he called out Brad. That's what you do when somebody you don't like beats up on your former team.

Luckily the Hendrick teams were never accused of cheating.
But that's not what you highlighted when you called Jeff out AND reported him to FS1.
C'mon, you just don't like Gordon which is fine, many don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing