Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think no matter what NASCAR does; his burn out in garage to cut and run will harm him more long term. No way he can win if Danica were to hit him;no matter how he reacts. to it.
i think you are mixing up logano and brad k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,501 times
I really disliked Brad K. before this race and now I really can't stand him. What a sore loser! I felt bad for Denny Hamlin as Brad antics probably knocked him out of the chase. I loved that both Denny and Matt tried to kick his a**. And I loved Tony Stewart for smashing into him after he hit Tony's car. They need to put that punk in his place and I am sure there will be more fireworks than usual at Talladega.

Interesting this morning on Good Morning America, they portrayed the entire incident as "Tony Stewart" losing his cool and showing bad behavior. They never even put the focus on Brad and his bad behavior.

Man TV news is so slated. Just because non-NASCAR people have heard of Tony Stewart, they made it all about him. That really disgusted me.

Hit him harder next time Tony! Brad deserved it.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i think you are mixing up logano and brad k.
No; Logano took on Stewart remember. He didn't run leaving skids marks. I admit he is mild mannered like Kenneth; but didn't hightail it like Brad.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
No; Logano took on Stewart remember. He didn't run leaving skids marks. I admit he is mild mannered like Kenneth; but didn't hightail it like Brad.
no it was brad k that hit stewart in the pits, then hightailed it around him. patrick and logano had some kind of issues during the race.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:03 AM

Not talking about this race at all. Talking about after race when Stewart approached Lagono and they exchanged blows. But never the less; I expect Brad to get probably worse than Kyle got for wrecking one on track during that truck race. Brad wrecked into two on track during cool-down laps and two in pit lane which is more serious; IMO. We should know on Tuesday its said. If they don't then its open season rest of Chase; which would certainly draw a audience if it harms enhance NASCAR reputation in racing.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:34 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,382,343 times
Hamlin brake checked Kes on the cool down lap.

Kenseth clipped Kes late in the race.

Both actions required payback.

Kes accidentally hit Stuart but Stuart retaliated because that's what he does. Helmet throwing is too lame for the chase.

Of course Kes is pissed, he is not going to advance after being the dominant winner this season.

It's a good thing Carl is not involved because he could kick the crap out of all those guys.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:55 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,868,677 times
NASCAR issues penalties for Charlotte post-race: NASCAR has assessed behavioral penalties to drivers #2-Brad Keselowski and #14-Tony Stewart for their involvement in post-race incidents on Oct. 11 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Keselowski has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
" Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
" Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in post-race incidents
Stewart has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
" Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in a post-race incident
"These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised."(NASCAR)(10-14-2014)

Old 10-14-2014, 06:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
NASCAR issues penalties for Charlotte post-race: NASCAR has assessed behavioral penalties to drivers #2-Brad Keselowski and #14-Tony Stewart for their involvement in post-race incidents on Oct. 11 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Keselowski has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
" Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in post-race incidents
Stewart has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
" Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in a post-race incident
"These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised."(NASCAR)(10-14-2014)
Where's Matt Kenseth's punishment for assaulting Brad? Not claiming that Brad is an angel in any of this (and I am a long-time Brad fan) BUT he didn't tackle, headlock and try to punch another driver. Unbelievable.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:11 PM

None. Assault is a police charge distinguished from a fray or fight. In a fight someone throws the first punch but when told they do not break it up. In fight both can go to jail for fighting. If Brad wanst to file assaul;t good luck with that; assault with motor vehicle(known to cause death aka deadly weapon) if filed is worse in most states. NASCAR as usual decided not to let it interfere with business. So on to the show and see what happens. One thing for sure Brad by not getting out of his car but using it in pit lane then running off; will suffer what Japanese call face. Nothing changes in man's world ;you suck punch someone then run off; your are known as a wimp.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times
Quote:
None. Assault is a police charge distinguished from a fray or fight. In a fight someone throws the first punch but when told they do not break it up. In fight both can go to jail for fighting. If Brad wanst to file assaul;t good luck with that; assault with motor vehicle(known to cause death aka deadly weapon) if filed is worse in most states. NASCAR as usual decided not to let it interfere with business. So on to the show and see what happens. One thing for sure Brad by not getting out of his car but using it in pit lane then running off; will suffer what Japanese call face. Nothing changes in man's world ;you suck punch someone then run off; your are known as a wimp.
And people who attack from the back are no better than a suck puncher in many cultures. The fact is Kenseth's actions were not on track, they were off-track (while still on the premises) and I might add Brad was dinged for similar conduct detrimental to the sport when the race was over. NASCAR once again proves they are hypocrites and play favorites when it comes to penalizing drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing