Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You could tell by Martin's performance and lack of sponsorship his team was no longer the flagship team. This started happening well before Martin's contract was up.
Kennseth illustrates my point; Roush slights the driver that brought home the cup trophy in favor of a golden boy who is really Earnhardt Jr on steroids- overrated. Not only has Carl gotten the money but Roush has taken other's crews & crew chiefs and he STILL can't bring home the big prize.
Let's face it Kenseth is pretty boring no matter how many wins he gets, not really a sponsors dream driver.
Kenseth and his crew chief are better together than either Kenseth and Fenning or Carl and Fenning.

The Toyota teams are tough to beat even for the powerhouse Hendrick/Chevy backed teams.

It really has turned in Stock Car Racing version F1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,574,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Let's face it Kenseth is pretty boring no matter how many wins he gets, not really a sponsors dream driver.
Kenseth and his crew chief are better together than either Kenseth and Fenning or Carl and Fenning.

The Toyota teams are tough to beat even for the powerhouse Hendrick/Chevy backed teams.

It really has turned in Stock Car Racing version F1.
I didn't say Kennseth was exciting, but given his boring ass brought Roush his first cup I would take that over a flamboyant overrated driver any day.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:47 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
Quote:
I didn't say Kennseth was exciting, but given his boring ass brought Roush his first cup I would take that over a flamboyant overrated driver any day.
OK I get it you don't like Carl. Can we move on?

Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
But you can't feature someone in commericals that don't have charisma. There is a reason why Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards, Dale Jr., Michael Waltrip, Kasey Khane, Tony Stewart, even Brad and Danica Patrick are featured in commercials. They have an it factor. Matt the Brat just doesn't. Doesn't mean he is a bad driver, he just not the face of a sponsor the way others do.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Carl isn't bad by any means. He is the top driver for Roush and has been since 07 or so. Kenseth was always a reliable guy but not a tent pole driver. Carl is, he just hasn't been able to raise the cup above his head like Kenseth has.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,586,895 times
If you want to get technical, Carl would have two Cup championships if there were no Chase.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,882,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Carl isn't bad by any means. He is the top driver for Roush and has been since 07 or so. Kenseth was always a reliable guy but not a tent pole driver. Carl is, he just hasn't been able to raise the cup above his head like Kenseth has.
What the hell is a tent pole driver? Does that refer to looking like Mr Ed?

Old 09-26-2013, 03:30 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,882,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
If you want to get technical, Carl would have two Cup championships if there were no Chase.
...and Jeff Gordon would have six.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,574,256 times
Quote:
It's not that I don't like the guy I think he is overrated for what Roush has been pumping into his team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But you can't feature someone in commericals that don't have charisma.
There is a reason why Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards, Dale Jr., Michael Waltrip, Kasey Khane, Tony Stewart, even Brad and Danica Patrick are featured in commercials. They have an it factor. Matt the Brat just doesn't. Doesn't mean he is a bad driver, he just not the face of a sponsor the way others do.
<snort> Jr has commercials and he is as dry as a brick in a hot kiln.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
...and Jeff Gordon would have six.
.......and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts on the lily pads.

Quote:
It's sounds like something I would want no part of.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
It basicaly refers to being the driver yo build around, similar how you build a tent around the pole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing