Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,831 times

Advertisements

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/form...overtaking-row
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 AM

5,466 posts, read 8,190,626 times
FIA says 'no case' to answer in Vettel overtaking controversy - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Old 11-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Just saw that.

Honestly i'm not sure what to think about that. Ferrari shouldn't be sore losers. But Vettel clearly did pass under yellow.

Just let it go I guess. Or make no one world champ this year.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times
I saw the replay and they showed the yellow track light was not the offical yellow light seen. It showed the offical yellow coming on later.But Alonso is a great driver but he has a sore loser problem shown when Hamilton started challengig him immediately after joining team mclaren. That is why he's a perfect fit at Ferrari one support driver team.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I saw the replay and they showed the yellow track light was not the offical yellow light seen. It showed the offical yellow coming on later.But Alonso is a great driver but he has a sore loser problem shown when Hamilton started challengig him immediately after joining team mclaren. That is why he's a perfect fit at Ferrari one support driver team.
You looked at the wrong pass. Vettel was approaching green when he passed but was still under yellow. Even the yellow lights on the steering wheel indicating yellow flag conditions were on at the time of pass.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
You looked at the wrong pass. Vettel was approaching green when he passed but was still under yellow. Even the yellow lights on the steering wheel indicating yellow flag conditions were on at the time of pass.
There was a marshal's post between the 2 turns waving a green flag, the FIA stated that if a green flag is displayed before a green light the first to be displayed is what counts. So while the lights were still yellow, since there was a green flag being waved before the actually pass he is OK.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
There was a marshal's post between the 2 turns waving a green flag, the FIA stated that if a green flag is displayed before a green light the first to be displayed is what counts. So while the lights were still yellow, since there was a green flag being waved before the actually pass he is OK.
Hmm. I didn't see the flag.

Either way, I think Ferrari should just let it go. Fernando did all he could with what he had. Ferrari just didn't have the car this year. Again.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:14 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Hmm. I didn't see the flag.

Either way, I think Ferrari should just let it go. Fernando did all he could with what he had. Ferrari just didn't have the car this year. Again.
It's difficult to see because the cameras have rain on them, however considering all the different angles and video available to the FIA I don't doubt they're correct. Not only that but I looked up video of the pass and there is what looks like green flags out between the two yellow lights. But again, difficult to tell because the camera lens is covered in rain.

I agree though, Ferrari needs to let it go. If they had given Alonso a better car they wouldn't have to be doing this. Instead of wasting time on this they need to get their heads together to make sure they give Alonso a competitive car.

Of course, I'm not a huge Alonso fan so I guess if they'd like to dwell on it a little longer that'd be ok too.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,534,753 times
I just hope they keep Sam Posey's introduction as part of the show. Unfortunately, probably no one at NBC knows who he is. (Plus he worked for ABC)

Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I just hope they keep Sam Posey's introduction as part of the show. Unfortunately, probably no one at NBC knows who he is. (Plus he worked for ABC)
Definitely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing