Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,009,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Just how many drivers is Hendrick gonna sign before the other owners get a chance to sign them?
Former Ford drivers now with Hendrick.
Gordon, Kane, Kyle Bush, Martin and now 15 year old Elliot. Of course you better win right away or you get dumped like Bush or a lesser crew like Gordon and Martin.

I wonder if Hendrick has right of first refusal to sign any of Gordon, Johnson or future Kane kids?
I'd be more wooried if I was Jr with his results really.Gordon will be allowed to retire in his own time and likely have a deal ready. Jr needs to putup or he is likely goig downhill.Never bad to shake thngs up .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 07:17 AM

9,572 posts, read 9,891,001 times
Quote:
Just how many drivers is Hendrick gonna sign before the other owners get a chance to sign them?
Former Ford drivers now with Hendrick.
Gordon, Kane, Kyle Bush, Martin and now 15 year old Elliot. Of course you better win right away or you get dumped like Bush or a lesser crew like Gordon and Martin.

I wonder if Hendrick has right of first refusal to sign any of Gordon, Johnson or future Kane kids?
Kyle won two races in his rookie (full) season with Hendrick, also won Rookie of the Year. Then won two more in the next two seasons, finishing 10th and 5th in points respectively.

Also in HMS a crew shake up is part of being on a team. I think Alan G is a great fit for Gordon, Jr and Letarte was probably the best move.

Last edited by USNRET04; 02-21-2011 at 07:29 AM..

Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I'd be more wooried if I was Jr with his results really.Gordon will be allowed to retire in his own time and likely have a deal ready. Jr needs to putup or he is likely goig downhill.Never bad to shake thngs up .
Gordon has a lifetime contract with HMS. He will retire with HMS.

I believe that Jr's contract expires at the end of this season. It's possible that Jr could become an owner/driver and move his JR Motorsports team to the Sprint Cup with Danica, with HMS as a part-owner. GoDaddy seems to have a lot of $$$ to spend, I think the sponsor would like to have a team with two of the most popular names in racing.

That would open up ride with HMS for Trevor Bayne!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:45 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,427,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Gordon has a lifetime contract with HMS. He will retire with HMS.

I believe that Jr's contract expires at the end of this season. It's possible that Jr could become an owner/driver and move his JR Motorsports team to the Sprint Cup with Danica, with HMS as a part-owner. GoDaddy seems to have a lot of $$$ to spend, I think the sponsor would like to have a team with two of the most popular names in racing.

That would open up ride with HMS for Trevor Bayne!
No way Bayne goes to Hendrick, do you want to see thousands of Ford fans burning down Hendrick dealerships?

Of course a couple of GM Dealerships thrown into the mix could sway any driver to Hendrick

Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
No way Bayne goes to Hendrick, do you want to see thousands of Ford fans burning down Hendrick dealerships?

Of course a couple of GM Dealerships thrown into the mix could sway any driver to Hendrick
I was just poking a little fun at the anti-HMS folks here.

But at this point in time, HMS is the best team out there. And Trevor said his hero was Jeff Gordon.

Most likely he will stick with Rosch who's he's driving for in the NWS.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:58 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,900,223 times
Wouldn't surprise me at all if in a couple of years Gordon starts his own team and puts Bayne in the drivers seat.

JG said it himself how impressed he was with Bayne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing