Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:03 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times

Advertisements

There is no pretty way to ask this. I've been reading several boards including Jr boards. Its brought me to ask this question.

As it ever crossed your mind that maybe Jr just is not the driver you all thought he was due to his last name? This is meant in no offensive way what so ever.

Its just that now I see the same excuses being made as when he was at DEI. Its the Crew Chief, Its the spotter. Its this and its that and its never Jr that is questioned.

Jr gets the same equipment that all hms drivers has. He has access to the info of all other drivers with the click of a mouse on their computer.

So maybe its time instead of bashing Rich Hendrick and Lance and everyone else at HMS the same way that happened at DEI. Its time to accept that maybe Jr isnt going to get a championship and its not everyone elses fault.

Kinda like Mark Martin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 06:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,929 times
IMO the most over88ted driver in NACSAR history

Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,269 times
Dale Jr. is all about selling merchandise to those who have somewhere along the way.............lost theirs. I could carve an 88 in a week old dog turd, and they would sell by the thousands. Jr. made around 33 million last year, and it wasn't from winning races. Crazy to think that a race car driver should make his money selling gear because he can drive the HELL out of a race car (see Kyle Busch), instead of hoping that a driver could somehow transform into one's father, or even a shadow of his father. Junior is neither, and never will be. That's all I have to say about that guy..............done (much like he is)!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
dale jr is not the driver his father was that is true, just like kyle petty was never the driver his father was. does that mean they cant drive a race car? nope. they are quality drivers in their own right. i would say that those of you that think jr cant drive a race car, get your own car out on the track and try and beat him.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:41 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
dale jr is not the driver his father was that is true, just like kyle petty was never the driver his father was. does that mean they cant drive a race car? nope. they are quality drivers in their own right. i would say that those of you that think jr cant drive a race car, get your own car out on the track and try and beat him.
I could beat Junior in my 1.8T VW Jetta.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Difference is Kyle Petty Fans didnt blame everyone under the sun for Kyle not being that driver like JR fans do. Kyles fans and those that supported him accepted knowing he isnt the driver his father was. That he wasnt going to win 7 championships.

I never said Jr cant drive. I am just saying that maybe its time for Jr fans to start putting some of the blame on him for lack of cup championships and not everyone else around him.

I find it rather insulting that Jr fans are now trashing Rich Hendrick for Jr not doing better this year. As if Rick doesnt have a history of getting the right elements together to win championships.

It just always seems to be either

Theresa's fault
Tony Eury Jrs fault
Rick Hendricks Fault
Lances fault
The spotters fault
The car chiefs fault.

Some Jr fans think that Rick should actually take Chad from Jimmy a 4 time championship team to give to Jr. Wanna bet even if Rick did that and Jr still didnt win they would blame Chad

Old 08-03-2010, 02:45 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Difference is Kyle Petty Fans didnt blame everyone under the sun for Kyle not being that driver like JR fans do. Kyles fans and those that supported him accepted knowing he isnt the driver his father was. That he wasnt going to win 7 championships.

I never said Jr cant drive. I am just saying that maybe its time for Jr fans to start putting some of the blame on him for lack of cup championships and not everyone else around him.

I find it rather insulting that Jr fans are now trashing Rich Hendrick for Jr not doing better this year. As if Rick doesnt have a history of getting the right elements together to win championships.

It just always seems to be either

Theresa's fault
Tony Eury Jrs fault
Rick Hendricks Fault
Lances fault
The spotters fault
The car chiefs fault.

Some Jr fans think that Rick should actually take Chad from Jimmy a 4 time championship team to give to Jr. Wanna bet even if Rick did that and Jr still didnt win they would blame Chad
To make matters worse, Gustafan (Martin's crew chief), was directed by Hendrick to help the 88 get their ducks in a row, it still hasn't helped and Martin's performance is suffering as a result.!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:36 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,911,521 times
The last time I checked, 88 was in 14th place in the points, with a chance (not looking good) of making in to the Chase. Now correct me if my math is wrong, but doesn't that put him into the top 1/3 ranking of the drivers making regular Cup starts?

And, can you show me a quote where Jr has claimed to be a great driver because of his name? Frankly, I've seen just the opposite from the guy. He regularly states that he is NOT his father and will never be like, drive like, or have the legacy like his father. Why do the haters keep putting words in his mouth?

Oh am I a Jr fan? Yep. (He and Smoke are my drivers.) Here's why I pull for the 88... Jr is an accomplished driver, a good guy, and someone that actually adds some respectability to this sport. And sure I'd like to see the guy win more. But, as long as there's people out there manufacturing reasons that we should hate the guy, I'll keep on cheering for him. At least, he knows what he's talking about.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
To make matters worse, Gustafan (Martin's crew chief), was directed by Hendrick to help the 88 get their ducks in a row, it still hasn't helped and Martin's performance is suffering as a result.!!!!!!
WoW, That would explain why Mark is doing so much worse this year.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
The last time I checked, 88 was in 14th place in the points, with a chance (not looking good) of making in to the Chase. Now correct me if my math is wrong, but doesn't that put him into the top 1/3 ranking of the drivers making regular Cup starts?

And, can you show me a quote where Jr has claimed to be a great driver because of his name? Frankly, I've seen just the opposite from the guy. He regularly states that he is NOT his father and will never be like, drive like, or have the legacy like his father. Why do the haters keep putting words in his mouth?

Oh am I a Jr fan? Yep. (He and Smoke are my drivers.) Here's why I pull for the 88... Jr is an accomplished driver, a good guy, and someone that actually adds some respectability to this sport. And sure I'd like to see the guy win more. But, as long as there's people out there manufacturing reasons that we should hate the guy, I'll keep on cheering for him. At least, he knows what he's talking about.
I am not saying Jr claimed anything. I am talking about many of his fans from reading different Jr fan boards.

I am not saying I dislike Jr or that he is a bad guy. Hes not,Nor am I saying someone should hate him. Just saying that maybe its time for some of his fans, Doesnt mean you but some of his fans needs to accept that some of the problem is Jr. Instead of blaming everyone around Jr but Jr. For the lack of cup championship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing