Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:53 AM

117 posts, read 538,071 times

Advertisements

Doctors--

Obgyn
pediatrician
Family practioner

What is the nearest hospital?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:00 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,279,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greystonefarm View Post
Define expensive, so I have a comparison.
My highlights and a cut now run about $100...

Thanks for the info.

Any private school ideas?
She's more expensive than you're paying.

I really like Hill Country Pediatrics on Jester and 2222. a 3-woman physician practice. They are all very thorough and accessible. I have been nothing but pleased. It would be a bit of a drive for you from Lake pointe, but if you don't have infants, probably not a huge deal!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greystonefarm View Post
I just returned from trip number 3 to Austin in preparing for our move.
We found a home in LakePointe(right off Bee Caves near the new Galleria) to lease for a year while we get our bearings.
I can't believe it was cloudy/rainy for 4 days...!!
Still beautiful, I didn't want to leave.
I have a good working knowledge of the main roads now-have to boast.
And it seems most directions begin with "you get on the Mopac..."

Can someone please share recommendations near Bee Cave/Lakeway for:

1. mainstream Bible-based friendly church
2. pediatrician
3. dentist
4. salon-for highlights
5. private school--we are near an excellent public school but our kids have always been in private schools. We may opt for the public school but would like to investigate options.
6. ideas for meeting people. The kids will adapt sooner if we're able to start meeting people.

Thanks-I'll arrive in Austin in 15 days. Can't wait!!!!

Ok here are my recommendations......

for a great church look into Calvary Austin
Granite Hair Salon in NW Austin on the 620 (prices just like you said your used to they are great my favorite place!)

For playgroups I know of a great stay at home moms playgroup Mother's Inc. Cedar Park (broken link)

hope that helps

Old 08-26-2007, 07:31 PM

80 posts, read 346,427 times
I lived in Lake Pointe and found these people worth recommending:
1. mainstream Bible-based friendly church - Lake Hills Church
2. pediatrician - Dr. Michael Fischer on Lohman's Crossing in Lakeway
3. dentist - Healthy Smiles on 620 by Lohman's Crossing
4. salon-for highlights - next to HEB on corner of Bee Caves and 71, his name is John
5. private school--we are near an excellent public school but our kids have always been in private schools. We may opt for the public school but would like to investigate options. - Save your $$$ and send your kids to Lake Pointe Elem. It is a great school. Also it will be your answer for #6
6. ideas for meeting people. The kids will adapt sooner if we're able to start meeting people.- The Lake Pointe community pool is where I found friends for my kids and networked with the parents. They are a good resource for numbers 1 through 5. Depending on the age of your kids, the Lake Pointe play ground was a great place, walk around the neighborhood and the neighbors are very friendly.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 AM

3 posts, read 23,755 times
greystonefarm,
are you in austin now? reading your posting--moving to the area as soon as we can sell our home in the east. We've been narrowing down areas for months and seem to really like the Bee Caves neighborhoods. How have you liked Lakepoint. Is Bee Caves too far from "The Hills" ? It seems that most of the concentration of people are farther North. Is that the case? I like the Bee Caves area (google satalite is my only tool at this point) coming for another visit but wondering if it's been a good choice for you?

Old 01-08-2008, 11:28 AM

80 posts, read 346,427 times
Default Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasay View Post
greystonefarm,
are you in austin now? reading your posting--moving to the area as soon as we can sell our home in the east. We've been narrowing down areas for months and seem to really like the Bee Caves neighborhoods. How have you liked Lakepoint. Is Bee Caves too far from "The Hills" ? It seems that most of the concentration of people are farther North. Is that the case? I like the Bee Caves area (google satalite is my only tool at this point) coming for another visit but wondering if it's been a good choice for you?
I am in Austin now. I now live about 5 miles from Lake Pointe, in Lakeway, closer to The Hills. I loved Lake Pointe, esp. the fact it was next to the elementary school, which is rated Exemplary. I have 2 older ones in Middle School now that is why we moved closer.

The Hills is a nice guarded/gated golf course community and is about 10 miles from Lake Pointe.

Where from the East are you from? I used to live in Long Island, NY. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the area.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:31 PM

132 posts, read 542,121 times
There is a Dentist at Lakepointe Dental that I can personally recommend. You will love the name, is Dr. Butcher! Hard to forget but a great guy. My wife is one of his Hygienists and is really good! Salon Belaza is also close at 620 and Hill Country BLVD.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 AM

2 posts, read 6,222 times
Hi Greystone - did you manage to find a possible church you liked

Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 AM

7 posts, read 19,258 times
Default Church recommendation in Bee Cave Lakeway area

There is a new church in the area: The Church at Bee Cave

We invite you to visit our website www.churchatbeecave.com

We also inivte you to visit with us on a Sunday morning. We meet at Lake Pointe Elementary at 10:30 AM.

Please contact me if I can answer any questions: matt@churchatbeecave.com

I hope to meet you soon.
Blessings
Matt Peacock

Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 AM

2 posts, read 6,222 times
Thanks Matt.
I have had a look at your website and the church looks great. We are South African, and still living in SA, but my husband might get a transfer the Austin next year. Fining a church, a bible believing church is very important to us, so that is why I am doing my research now. I will let you know if we come over, and we will definately come and visit your church. In the meantime, I hope God blesses your growth and discipleship greatly.
Brenda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin