Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 6,426 times

Advertisements

I am searching for a good community to build my first home, and really like Highland Horizon at RR620. It's in a great location, near 620, 45, I35, 183, Parmer, with good schools, and near hospitals, etc. But I have some concerns:

* High property rate 2.79%, because of Brushy Creek MUD.
* Planned Multifamily houses across the street (Does this affect nearby house value?).
* No amenity center in the community, although can use Brushy Creek MUD facilities.
* Newer than Ranch at Brushy Creek, but much smaller (319 SFRs planned).

Are those valid concerns that will affect the appreciation of the house in 3-5 years? Would you prefer it over Ranch at Brushy Creek?

Thanks for your valuable opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:31 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,124,028 times
We live at the Ranch at Brushy Creek and like it a lot. It is still building out so there are pluses and minuses to the appreciation in the short term. Personally I wouldn't build a home if you wanted to sell in the short term.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 AM

130 posts, read 386,503 times
Highland Horizon - same view here, the property tax seems to be high,but very interestingly located.
+ there is a plan to connect to 45 directly, from the premises of those houses.(Cuts through). That is going to considerably ease the traffic on 620 rural road.

Was not aware of the multifamily community coming up. Where exactly its at? near those condos that are already built?

Also,aside from this there are only 2 builders there.

1. Streetman homes
2. David Weekly homes
Any idea about how they are and their reputation? I'm somehwo having hard time getting
builder reviews online..Specially these 2 builders...

Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 PM

433 posts, read 1,657,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didadi View Post
Highland Horizon - same view here, the property tax seems to be high,but very interestingly located.
+ there is a plan to connect to 45 directly, from the premises of those houses.(Cuts through). That is going to considerably ease the traffic on 620 rural road.

Was not aware of the multifamily community coming up. Where exactly its at? near those condos that are already built?

Also,aside from this there are only 2 builders there.

1. Streetman homes
2. David Weekly homes
Any idea about how they are and their reputation? I'm somehwo having hard time getting
builder reviews online..Specially these 2 builders...
The multi-family units are down 620 a few hundred yards (across from Mesa Rosa, which makes the world's best Queso con Carne). They actually look very nice.

David Weekly has a very good reputation...probably a Top 3 builder. I could be wrong, but I believe Streetman is also very well regarded.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 AM

132 posts, read 542,233 times
If you search this forum for Streetman you will find alot of reviews on them. I live in a Streetman home and love it. You will pay more for a Streetman home (typically) than a comparable builder. They dont negotiate on to-be-built homes.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:20 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,773 times
My parents had a David Weekley home built in Georgetown about five years ago. They are very happy with it and it definitely seems like a better quality home than most others that I've seen in the area.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:26 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,101,771 times
Just FYI: you won't see much appreciation in any area where the subdivision is still being built out.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 PM

212 posts, read 1,076,550 times
My coworker lives at the Ranch at Brushy Creek and they love it.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 10,920 times
The home is ok quality. But by far if you want to deal with honest straight forward people look somewhere else. There are better homes out there and I wished I would have looked other places. the sales people will lie and deceive you to prolong the process. Rather than answering questions they will "Look into it" and when (if) they get back to you it is too late to make any changes. I am still trying to figure out if they are just dumb and dont know their product or if they are really smart and play dumb sucking you into the black hole they call streetman home ownership. I will never deal with these people again. All I can say is thank you for my agent he did keep them from totally screwing me just mostly. Buying a home is not supposed to be a painful and regretful process, is it?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 AM

809 posts, read 1,861,908 times
the Ranch hands down. Horizon is brand new so it's not a lot being built yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin