Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 AM

13 posts, read 66,056 times

Advertisements

We are looking at building in the Paloma Lake master planned community in Round Rock. We're interested in the Grand Haven homes and Standard Pacific. Does anyone have any information on this neighborhood and these builders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM

426 posts, read 1,674,141 times
Nice neighborhood - pretty good location. You're not surrounded by much yet, but soon will be (I live ~1.5 west of there). I do not know anything about the builders, but for now, the neighborhood is nice and quiet - nowhere near established yet. I drove through it looking around a couple of weeks back and the neighborhood looks to be only 20%ish built out, if even that.

With that said, if you haven't looked, there are similar/equivalent neighborhoods west of 35 with different pros/cons... I don't know if you can build in many of the neighborhoods out there (I'm sure there are some) so that may be a major difference for you.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:52 PM

3 posts, read 9,657 times
We live there now. Have a Grand Haven home and are very pleased. Very minor new building issues that were resolved promptly. Talk to Diane in the model and she will get you started on all the good stuff. Building has been slow in the past year, but has picked up in the last 2 months. You will like it here, but go where you find whats best for you.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:00 AM

26 posts, read 110,459 times
A co-worker of my husband's lives in Paloma Lake in a Standard Pacific home. I have not visited their home yet, but my husband has and he was really impressed with their home. I have seen photos and it is a really pretty home and I can't wait to see it in person. I do know that they are thrilled with their choice to buy there and are happy with their neighbors.

I have only seen the area of Paloma Lake with the Grand Haven homes as I was looking for decorating ideas for my Grand Haven home (which is in Mayfield Ranch) and was looking at their different models for ideas. I really liked what I saw in that section and it would have been on our list of neighborhoods if I had known it existed when we were looking at homes.

We are still happy about our decision to buy our Grand Haven home which we purchased in January 2008. If you want any more information about our Grand Haven home, please feel free to message me - I am happy to answer. I will say that one negative in our home is with the laundry room. I wished that our washer and dryer area was deeper than 28 3/4" (to the door molding) so that our Electrolux front-loaders fit better. The door barely misses the dryer - -and I mean barely. We had a smaller washer and dryer set when we purchased and those fit okay when we moved in, so we had no idea how narrow that area actually was. So, check the depth in that area if there is a door near your washer and dryer. It is a lesson learned and we will never not measure a laundry room again. Oh, and one other thing -- we wished that our home was pre-plumbed for a water softener which we were verbally told was, but did not verify -- it is not. Of course, it is not in the paperwork and we didn't know what to look for and just trusted this was a fact. We just found out today that it was not and aren't too pleased about that. Even with those issues, we still love our home and our 6 1/2 yr old son doesn't ever want to move and wants to live here in this house with his wife and kids when he is old like us.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:16 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,520 times
We live right across the street and take our family on bike rides through the neighborhood on occasion. It seem like the houses in the front of the subdivision are going up slower than those to the back.

We love the area, close enough yet far away. Walmart is right there and Old Settler's Park is so close if you have kids the play ball. You couldn't ask for a nicer facility! HEB Plus close as well, Dell Diamond and I can go on about the area. Our children attend Caldwell Heights Elementary, but Paloma is at Terravista Elem. until the school is built at Paloma Lake. They already have the sign up showing where is will be built so maybe construction is not too far away!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,932 times
Both Grand Haven and Standard Pacific build a beautiful home but my husband and I are anxious to see what David Weekley Homes will be bringing to the community. We heard that their model is opening in February and they have their floorplans on the website now. We love that area and being so close to Old Settlers Park plus having a constant level, stocked, fishing pond for residents only is a big plus for us.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,448 times
The reason they are building more in the back is so that there isn't too many homes around the models so they can control the models area appearance more - no kids toys on the lawn etc. Common practice. Nice subdivision in a great area with lots to do nearby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin