Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 12:45 PM

25 posts, read 114,667 times

Advertisements

I am seriously thinking about three places - Gables Grandview, Alexan Vistas and Estate on Lake Quarry in Austin (in that order)

Any residents on here that have reviews?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,436,014 times
Go to apartmentreviews.net

They have reviews on some of these apartments, not many but there are a few.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:53 PM

313 posts, read 786,681 times
I lived at GG for almost 2 years. Nice place, albeit a bit pricey. I often miss having the view I had from my balcony, it really was spectacular. I'd live there if you were looking to have a view, the pool is great too and has an amazing view. Its only about 15 minutes to downtown. The big con of the place would probably be that you really can't get a ground floor there with a view, so you have to be 1 or 2 stories up the stairs. I don't think there was an elevator either. If you don't want a view, for the price, there may be better options.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,841 times
I have lived in Gables GV for three weeks now and I absolutely love it. I haven't been here long enough to have dealt with any maintenance requests and so I cannot comment on service. Physically, I believe the property to be one of the best looking apartment complexes in the country. The pool is absolutely amazing. It is true that many of the buildings first floors will not have views, but some do and the first floors have beautiful hardwood flooring. Some of the first floors also have fenced in yards. I would reccomend that you ask for building 11 or higher as these buildings will have better views.

I do not agree that GG is expensive. Our $1150 per month apartment would cost double in many places and triple in some. To buy a home or condo in this area with an equivelant view would cost at least $400k.

Alexan Vistas is very nice but not nearly as attractive as GG. AVs swimming pools reminded me of a 3 star hotel swimming pool whereas the GG pool looks like a pool from a 5 star resort.

Definitely take a tour of both properties before deciding. Also take apartment ratings dot com with a grain of salt. The GG described there is not the GG I live in.

Both properties should be ashamed of themselves for not having spa/hot tubs.

Two other places you should tour are Gables Westlake (currently running huge deals) and Nalle Woods(condos for lease).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: