Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 06:31 PM

433 posts, read 1,657,287 times

Advertisements

1. Apex Construction
  2. CapCo Roofing
  3. Aztec Roofing & Siding
  4. Longhorn Roofing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,217 times
I used Longhorn Roofing after last May's hail storm... best price (out of 4 quotes), timely construction, cleaned up well. They did not reattach our satellite well (used the same holes in the plywood) and the wind ripped the satellite off the roof a couple of days later. One phone call and they were out the next day to fix it all.

All and all it went well - best case scenario is for the satellite to be reattached properly to begin with, but at least it was corrected quickly and properly.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,236 times
Default Apex Construction

Stay as far away from these guys as you can. They did six roofs on my street and 4 of us have had extremely unsatisfactory experiences. Their clean up at my house was completely unsatisfactory, the work was sloppy, they had 3 different supervisors during the time they were here, and despite repeated requests, they have neglected to provide an itemized billing invoice. They just show up and ask for a check but there is no bill or reconciliation document to compare to see what you are being charged for. I certainly would warn anyone away from these guys. On the bright side, my roof hasn't leaked, but if it does, I haven't been given a guarantee document either.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 AM

125 posts, read 293,803 times
Used Longhorn.
We were not satisfied. Came back to fix issues after job and did bad repair.
Also charged us for ridge vents and crew forgot to install.
Credit for ridge vents but wanted them on roof.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:17 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Henry Meyer, Economy Roofing, 288-5644, has reroofed 2 houses for me with very satisfactory results. The first time I did business with him he told me I probably didn't need to reroof my house for another 3-5 years. So I waited about that long and called him back to roof it for me. He was the only roofer of the three I had called to give me bids that told me I didn't need to reroof it yet. I appreciated that. And he was also the low bidder.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,606 times
Default Avoid Capcp

Capco roofed my house two years ago and I had a leak issue that took them two attempts to fix. It's back now and I'm getting lots of excuses, promises that they will be here a certain day and phone calls not returned . . . all by the owner, Joe Higgenbothem.

Joe will be hearing from the Texas Attorney General and the BBB next.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,606 times
Default Avoid Capco Roofing

Capco roofed my house two years ago and I had a leak issue that took them two attempts to fix. It's back now and I'm getting lots of excuses, promises that they will be here a certain day and phone calls not returned . . . all by the owner, Joe Higgenbothem.

Joe will be hearing from the Texas Attorney General and the BBB next.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:35 AM

433 posts, read 1,657,287 times
I ended up not using any of the above.

My realtor recommended Craft Roofing, so that's who I went with. Great service/job....very satisfied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin