Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 05:04 PM

11,778 posts, read 7,992,594 times

Advertisements

For your goals, you are going to need to be in the city proper. With the exception of a few small patches of those areas, they are largely family centric with good schools. I personally think Mueller and East Austin area ( just east of Downtown ) would be the best fit, that or areas just outside of UT.

Dub is D is being very dramatic. Those suburbs voted for Biden during the last presidential election. Cedar Park and Round Rock are moderate suburbs and I have not seen flags cursing Biden there. Leander, Liberty Hill and Georgetown is where it starts getting conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 05:16 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,935 times
Not dramatic, realistic. You don't see that at all near DT Austin. You see it enough further away you get. I saw plenty of 'Lets Go Brandon' flags.

DT Austin - Super Blue
North Austin, S. Cedar Park, and S. Round Rock - Purple
N. Cedar, N. Round Rock, and above and below - Super Red

And 2021 results don't mean sh*t for 2022.

Old 01-01-2022, 06:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times
[quote=Need4Camaro;62616173]For your goals, you are going to need to be in the city proper. With the exception of a few small patches of those areas, they are largely family centric with good schools. I personally think Mueller and East Austin area ( just east of Downtown ) would be the best fit, that or areas just outside of UT.
/QUOTE]

100% agree.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:19 AM

11,778 posts, read 7,992,594 times
Does COTA permit personal vehicles on its track? I’d like to run a few laps myself.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:24 AM

30 posts, read 17,105 times
Round Rock is purple. It is not overly conservative but it’s not overly liberal either. Just about anyone can fit in and I’d consider it “centrist”.

Round Rock has voted blue in the national election as well as local elections.

Pflugerville is definitely not conservative either.

For social life the road doesn’t begin and end in downtown Austin. There’s the domain area and a burgeoning social scene in downtown round rock. Personally downtowns abundance of homeless people is a total turn off. Additionally social can mean more than bar crawling and there are many other options spread all over the metro if one looks. That being said the suburbs are family oriented but that is quietly changing due to the influx of younger people. There are way more mixed use deals being constructed and there are urban loft style condos built in downtown rr. Definitely not with families in mind.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:22 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Does COTA permit personal vehicles on its track? I’d like to run a few laps myself.
No. I have a race today at COTA (running around it 3 times for a total of ten miles) and the volunteer director said they were very clear that any personal vehicles could not go over 25 mph. They have bike nights and I bet some high end tri/cyclocross bikes can get into the 30 mph range, but no cars.

Old 01-02-2022, 06:47 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,935 times
I relocated to RR and grew bored real quick.

Just go on Meetup, find interesting groups and see where the meetups are. You won't see many in the areas listed.

There's nothing wrong with the areas you listed but relocating and settling on location is horrible. I've done it and regretted real quick.

Focus on what you want instead of having a big house. Having a big house doesn't mean much when you don't enjoy it.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:04 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,420,386 times
I live in Steiner Ranch and love it, but I agree with the others that this isn't what you are looking for. It's nice, but very family oriented, so not a lot of young people and activities are geared towards kids and families.

I agree with the others that say gete a smaller, older home, closer to downtown.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:23 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
Scratch Steiner and Bee Caves for sure. There will be parts of RR that will fit, also tons of parts of Austin that will as well, I’d add Circle C in too.
And this requirement will scratch Austin "- avoiding traffic / huge crowds / long lines"

Old 01-02-2022, 11:26 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yes. But I don't know the details. I have a friend who drove several laps in his 911 a year or two ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin