Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 08:03 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times

Advertisements

Three years ago my wife and I stumbled on this development and she fell in love with this floor plan KB Home - Pflugerville/Round Rock, TX - H-3859 M. Well three years later after some switching back and forth we settled on Houston(Katy). Today we were joking/laughing around about the stressful process of buying a new home and she brought up that dam plan again, now I'm wondering how is the development and area doing?

Just curious, Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
I think that's one of the areas I shortcut through. On one side of that road, it looks like the neighborhood is pretty much built out, and it looks very cute There is another development going up across from it, but it's barely halfway built out. Same style homes though. It looks like it will be nice, and their pool area looks good too. How are you liking Katy? My M.I.L moved there from her house in SW Houston and she then moved my husbands grandma out there, and then his sister and her family moved there and they all live in the same neighborhood :O I graduated High School in Clear Lake and Katy was like the opposite end of the world back then, and a tiny little place and now it's grown so much I hardly recognize it anymore

Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
How are you liking Katy?
We love it here in Katy, When we originally decided to move from San Diego our first choice was Dallas(Frisco/McKinney/Plano), second was Austin(Round Rock/Pflugerville) and last was Houston(Katy/Sugarland). Well my wife's job offer was better in Houston so we went with it, so far so good, The only things I don't like is the super high Taxes around the Houston metro(2.5 to 4.0), the city zoning, and the so called "safe haven" this city has for illegals.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:08 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,695,313 times
I'm glad we left Houston when we did. I hear so many people complain about it being a sanctuary city. I also didn't like the lack of zoning.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,063,220 times
I live down the street from that development. I love the area!!

Personally, though, I don't like that development. Just my opinion!! The homes are very large, but the landscaping on the homes is not even bare bones, it's practically non-existant, and it just makes the neighborhood look very.... odd, unattractive, inexpensive... something.

Also, the first house you see coming into that development from Gattis School RD is a rental and will be empty for months at a time, and the grass and weeds are often more than waist high and overgrown is an understatement.

They also don't have a pool....

If I were a homebuyer, I would forgo the extra square footage and go for something else.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:44 PM

wow, thanks for the update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin