Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 11:48 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times

Advertisements

Family is searching for a home about 20 minutes out from the CM Allen Parkway exit on 35. This has been a never ending search that started about 20 years ago when we moved back down to Texas from Wisconsin. We've gone from looking at 1604/35 up to 281 closer to Spring Branch all the way to Wimberley and then headed to Shady Hollow when i was in high school.

Main things are large backyard (1/2 acre to an acre), 3 bedrooms and at least 2.5 baths with 1800 sq ft or more. Budget is up to the low 400s. I know this is generally pretty low in the Austin market. They'd be open to doing work on the home if it's less but we haven't found much that would work in that way.

I'd love to get them a bit further north to Shady Hollow (now that I live in the area) but it's been an uphill battle to get them any further north then FM 2001 from San Antonio due to doctors appointments, which I understand.

Main question, though, is that we're headed to open houses at Studio Estates and Cypress Forest in Kyle this afternoon. Any opinions on those areas? I think Cypress Forest is near Lehman or Chapa so traffic could be hellish. I live right near Akins and dread turning left on 1626 in the morning. I would hate for my family to deal with that type of traffic as people start moving further south. Or any other areas that we should check out?

These are newer neighborhoods so I don't know how they'll go over. If anyone is familiar with San Antonio, we grew up just outside Shavano Park and admire those larger lots and style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 03:37 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,194,801 times
Cypress Forest is on the west side of Kyle, it’s in a nice area. Studio estates is on the east side of Kyle, it seems like a nice subdivision. Either would be close to doctors and the hospital.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:57 AM

578 posts, read 1,227,573 times
The area between south austin and Buda would meet your criteria. Huntington estates, Oak Forest, Leisurewoods, Coves of Cimarron.

There’s also several subdivisions out RR12 west of San Marcos towards Wimberley.

Last edited by die Eichkatze; 07-14-2019 at 12:10 PM..

Old 07-14-2019, 01:01 PM

Does anyone know anything about 6 Creeks? It looks very new and I saw one builder will have 70' lots.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:17 PM

6 Creeks is a new subdivision, M.i. Homes is building in there right now. I have driven thru it, and it looks to be a nice place. Https://6creeks.com/builders/ I don’t know the lots sizes. The main road that leads into 6 creeks needs to be widened otherwise that will cause traffic problems. The main road is stage coach.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
6 Creeks is a new subdivision, M.i. Homes is building in there right now. I have driven thru it, and it looks to be a nice place. Https://6creeks.com/builders/ I don’t know the lots sizes. The main road that leads into 6 creeks needs to be widened otherwise that will cause traffic problems. The main road is stage coach.
Thanks. I went by this afternoon. Living off of 1626 near 35 I can only imagine what Old Stagecoach will be like in a year or two with more homes built there, the neighborhoods to the left of them and Cypress Forest there. For that reason, I think I am going to steer away from that area until I hear that something is going to be done with old Stagecoach (which will probably be 10 years from now).

Old 07-15-2019, 04:38 AM

I agree ashbeeigh until they widen the stage coach road I personally wouldn't buy in there it will be come a traffic nightmare. The homes are beautiful and the area is really nice its just the road should have been updated before adding subdivisions.

Old 07-15-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I agree ashbeeigh until they widen the stage coach road I personally wouldn't buy in there it will be come a traffic nightmare. The homes are beautiful and the area is really nice its just the road should have been updated before adding subdivisions.
YES. There’s a spot with a big tree that narrows it down to one lane and you have to wait for the other car to pass. Even Sunday at 4pm it felt like it would back up in a heart beat. I can’t imagine what it is like, even now, at rush hour. (Adding all this info in case someone starts a search in the same area so they have the insight).

I checked out Mountain city you, there’s one for sale in that area as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin