Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 PM

157 posts, read 446,478 times

Advertisements

My husband looked in Meridian south of Circle C. He's currently living/working in Austin. I'm staying in Dallas with my parents with our kids until our house sells in Idaho.

Anyway, he seemed to think that you you get more house for the money in Belterra but that probably makes sense since the location is closer to downtown. Since we have 3 kids schools are a huge priority for us. How good are the schools for Circle C? I worry more about the middle/high school situation there since that is where I have heard the problems can be.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 01:40 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,438,910 times
Circle C feeds into Bowie High which is one of the best in Austin ISD. Not sure about the middle school. Meridian is closer to the city that is probably why the house prices are more expensive. Belterra is an additional 7 miles to the city than Meridian. We are building in Meridian and love the community. It's close to the Veloway and is really nice. You might want to check it out again. It's a good investment, I don't think Belterra will fair as well in resale down the line.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:17 PM

15,273 posts, read 35,676,770 times
Circle C will probably feed into Clint Small, at least for the near future, and it is an excellent middle school. There is another...I think Covington? but our address does not feed into it and I don't know much about it. You would have to check to see if the address(es) that you are looking at feed into a different school.

Belterra goes to Dripping Springs, I believe, and the DS school district is, in general, very well regarded. I know very little about individual schools there, though.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:25 PM

65 posts, read 220,001 times
Yikes !!!
I think hardwood floors are way harder to keep clean then tile.
Im from Pheonix were most homes are tile.
Then we built a place out in Kansas City were everything is wood.
I hate the wood.
We have 2 small dogs,,,We keep their nails trimmed and they still tear the floor to peices. Just by walking on them. One of the major things we "had to have" when we started building our house in Austin was tile flooring.
And depending on the tile you go with, It is way more expensive then wood.
Chris2000

Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM

15,273 posts, read 35,676,770 times
I would have to agree, we have both some tile, some wood, and mainly carpet (saves the little one's noggin'). The carpet is the hardest to keep clean, and the wood is probably second, just for the simple reason that we can use a wider variety of cleaning products on the tile if we need to (make sure that the grout is sealed!). Neither is difficult at all to keep clean.

In a couple of years, we are going to remove most of the carpet and put down wood, mainly, just due to the 'softer' surface and the lower impact on the knees/ankles (we seem to be aging ). We have been very casually looking at flooring materials, and the price of wood, even real wood, has come down considerably, maybe due to the competition with engineered wood floors. Anyway, the wood costs more, but the installation is generally cheaper (or that is what we have found so far).

Old 01-10-2008, 03:55 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,438,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2000 View Post
Yikes !!!
I think hardwood floors are way harder to keep clean then tile.
Im from Pheonix were most homes are tile.
Then we built a place out in Kansas City were everything is wood.
I hate the wood.
We have 2 small dogs,,,We keep their nails trimmed and they still tear the floor to peices. Just by walking on them. One of the major things we "had to have" when we started building our house in Austin was tile flooring.
And depending on the tile you go with, It is way more expensive then wood.
Chris2000
That's why I will never have a pet. I saw how my brother's beast of a one year old lab tore up his brand new house. Tile and dogs go along better. I'm a neat freak so my floors will stay clean and will be easy to take care of.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:51 PM

I know this is off topic of the original post but has anyone had cork flooring? I've seen it and love it but I wasn't sure how well it holds up. Or, what you clean it with...

Old 01-10-2008, 04:52 PM

I'm going to have to drive through Meridian. I'm driving down to Austin tomorrow to spend the weekend there so I'll have a look.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:28 PM

260 posts, read 905,234 times
We lived in AZ where what you are describing was becoming the trend. We custom built our home here and went for a semi-rustic look (warm colors, dark tile, oil rubbed bronze hardware and fixtures, iron lighting fixures, copper sinks, slate, etc) and we didn't have any trouble selling our home. I think the overall "warm" tone appeals to some and not others but maybe not enough to warrant that type of design in TX.

My brother & sister in law are a custom home builder and I've only seen them put the oil rubbed fixtures in 1 house and it was a higher end home.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:26 PM

153 posts, read 621,304 times
My company has recently veered from the bright white baseboards and window seals and are now doing a kind of taupe or tanish color. I've had several people request the white instead though.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 01-11-2008 at 03:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: