Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 07:20 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,483,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUR View Post
Hyperbole.
That word, I think you do not know what it means.
Yep just outright dismiss valid criticisms, it sure makes a convincing case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,753,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
That word, I think you do not know what it means.
Yep just outright dismiss valid criticisms, it sure makes a convincing case.
How do you know the criticisms are valid? If someone believes the opinion he/she is espousing is fact, the poster should provide proof, not just words..

Old 05-28-2013, 07:43 AM

20 posts, read 24,059 times
Wow! I didn't anticipate on arguing amongst folks with my initial questions - sorry!

Thank you for all of the feedback from both sides. We went to Austin over the weekend and noticed right away that there is a very different vibe there (in all fairness, we were in the outskirts and went to the outlet in Round Rock but have not yet gone to any other areas). The outskirts and suburbia is where we would be looking to move though - we aren't looking for a home in the city.

We ended up getting pregnant sooner than we anticipated (just after moving here) and I was really ill in the beginning, followed by consistent family visits, so I really haven't had time to explore the art communities yet but it is a priority on my list. I am aware of the McNay and Blue Star but haven't made it over to either one yet. I'm looking forward to it though!

Any art groups that you may know of that I can join to meet new people? I haven't found much as of yet.

My husband and I will go back to Austin to look around more but as of now, we both find something very special about SA. We can't put our finger on it, but we do love it here and we feel good here.

Maybe that's our answer right there...

Thanks again everyone! (no insult meant by calling Austin "strange" in my earlier post. I know each place has their own offerings!)

Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,828,002 times
One of my neighbors here in Hutto hosts a "drink and draw" at various pubs /restaurants around RR and Austin. It's actually called Drink and Draw. I have a friend in Houston that goes to a weekly Drawbq It's a meetup.com group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin