Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 12:28 PM

5 posts, read 18,063 times

Advertisements

I'm in need of a property management company in Round Rock. I'm gonna buy a home in Round Rock, then rent it out temporarily. If you use property management company in Round Rock to "manage" your property, can you share your experience with me and the name of the company? There are a lot of property management companies in the Yellow Pages, but I'd prefer a recommendation or prefer to know which companies to stay away from.

Thank you,

Angela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,083,296 times
Check out the local Austin chapter of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM).
NARPM Austin Chapter - The National Association of Residential Property Managers PM Site by HomeRentals.net

I wouldn't hire a property manager who isn't a member of NARPM. I don't manage properties in Round Rock but you'll find a roster of Property Managers listed at the NARPM site. I'd contact several, at least 3 to 5, and ask questions. Don't email blast the entire list, or most will ignore your inquiry.

I've been managing rental property in Austin since 1990, mostly single family homes, I've seen a lot of owners make a lot of mistakes with the property managers they hire (before they found us). It's a very, very difficult occupation to do well. Don't hire based on the lowest fees, that's a huge mistake. Don't hire someone who's only been managing homes in Austin for a couple of years. A bozo PM can cost you bigtime with their mistakes and incompetence.

There are plenty of really good property managers who've been doing it in Austin for 10+ years. Hire one of those.

Good luck.
Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: