Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,551 times

Advertisements

We are relocating our family of five from Michigan to Austin next spring. We're coming to Austin the last week of August to find schools, apartments, etc. and are currently targeting the Northwest Austin area. So far we've found Terracina Apartments right off mopac, but we'd like to have a few more options and don't see much else on Google maps. The school district is Hill Elementary, Murchison Middle, and Anderson High School and we like the looks of those schools, plus it's a short distance from where I'll be working when I transfer. Does anyone have any suggestions for apartments in that area? We'd prefer a 3br/2bath in an actual complex to avoid dealing with private landlords. Any help would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 07:28 AM

434 posts, read 1,309,852 times
This website could help, lots of info. I have no connection to it and don't know if the numbers will connect you to a locator or not, but there are maps, amounts amentities et.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM

19 posts, read 58,863 times
It's a lot harder to find a 3BR apartment than a 2BR, since most complexes don't even have these larger units. One place in the general vicinity that has 3BR units is the Jefferson at the Arboretum on Jollyville Road. The schools are probably Davis - Murchison - Anderson. The reputation of Davis is good, but not as good as Hill (which is located in a wealthier area).

Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 PM

326 posts, read 824,070 times
agree with tmcd that it can be tougher to find 3 bedroom apartments

my family and I have had good experiences of both Marquis at Treetops and Marquis at Caprock Canyon. these are in the NW hills area and they feed into Anderson High, but I'm not sure what elem and mid schools.

one thing i will mention is that apartments in austin seem to stick to the terms of their leases when it comes to leaving early/breaking a lease. i was an idiot and didn't read the fine print and was very nearly responsible for paying 5 months rent when we broke our lease. fortunately the apartment complex found someone to take the apartment but legally they had the upper hand. just something to consider if you are unsure of your long-term plans.

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin