Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 02:03 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,691,377 times

Advertisements

You can't return cars for a refund like it's a toaster, especially after 8 months. Plus you bought it used.

It's still under warranty, so have the dealer fix it.

Your only other options are to sell or trade it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 02:26 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,591,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
you are out of luck...........just trade it in and take your lumps.

IF you bought it new you could do the lemon law process but it only applies to new cars and since you bought it used you are out of luck.
In CA, new and used under mfg warranty. (To oversimplify).

Old 12-29-2022, 02:43 PM

6,416 posts, read 3,134,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_2022 View Post
Hi,

I bought a used car 600 miles Audi e-tron (fully electric) from Audi dealer in April 2022.

Within a month I saw first issue with*the*car was that the left passenger visor was not working then I explained the same to the dealer and they took some 3 days to fix that issue. Then after I drove for 1 day or 2 again I observed that it is not fixed correctly and they finally ended up replacing with a new visor (I understand this). I hardly drove the miles on this car (5400 miles).
Second issue came up four days back I was driving this car along with my wife and kids and we were*in a horrible panic situation (all of a sudden while driving we saw messages (electrical issues) with many emergency*alerts, alerting to STOP the vehicle, and it was behaving very weird, which*seemed to be a life risk and not allowing to drive further. I can't imagine the same situation happening while I am on the freeway.*
I purchased this car with a large investment and now we have a feeling it's not worth putting our life’s in risk and also not getting the value out of money.

What is the best way to deal with it to get the refund. I really appreciate your help here.

Thanks & Regards,
Romeo.
You bought an Audi from an Audi dealership, which had only 600 miles on it, and you don't have some sort of warranty on it? If the dealer isn't helping you, there should be some sort of manufacturer's customer service office that you can contact. You did get an owner's manual with the car, correct? (and if not, why not?)

Old 01-01-2023, 06:34 PM

7 posts, read 15,177 times
I have full warranty on the vehicle, they are still diagnosing the problem

Old 01-01-2023, 07:02 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,822,244 times
Quote:
Have you checked for an NHTSA recall?

I had a car that did what your car is doing. (Unintended single wheel impending lock-up, and most all the "nannies" going crazy.) And you are correct, it's crazy scary. You never know "when" your RF wheel is going to go into ABS mode, or not. Stability control goes out the window. Or Left rear wheel...or both, or the other 1 or 2. Or, not at all, on this trip.

Anyway, it turns out it was a wire loom inside the telescopic steering column. The wires were cut "too short" in Bowling Green. Lots of cars had this problem. It got a recall. I had the recall performed. Had the car for another 8 years, covering another 50,000 miles. No more problems.

Hope they find your cause and get you fixed. Meanwhile, have you visited the forums that pertain to your car? This, would be a good idea.

Old 01-01-2023, 10:45 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,591,959 times
Quote:
Do they have you in a loaner car?

Old 01-02-2023, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
.........I had a car that did what your car is doing.

Anyway, it turns out it was a wire loom inside the telescopic steering column. The wires were cut "too short" in Bowling Green. Lots of cars had this problem.
"Bowling Green", a Corvette?

Old 01-03-2023, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Do they have you in a loaner car?
No. I am using my old car

Old 01-03-2023, 04:37 PM

Please find below all the communication till now from Audi Team

Email from Audi Team On Tue, Dec 27, 2022

************************************************** ***********************************
Good Morning,

I apologize for the late reply, as we were closed yesterday. Bill forwarded me the screenshots of the faults and I’m sorry to see you experiencing this but please get the vehicle towed in through Audi’s Roadside Assistance program and we will get in it the shop ASAP. I have seen several fault like this pop up on vehicles that are several years old as the 12v battery starts to fail and is a simple battery change, but it has me stumped on such a new vehicle. My guess is that it is something similar but obviously need to get the car in to test. I’ve included the Roadside Assistance phone number and a link to use if you prefer but please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

************************************************** ***********************************

I sent an email to Audi team today

Can you please provide a detail update on what the problem is?

Received Email from Audi Team On Tue, Jan 03, 2023

ELECTRICAL MALFUNCTION PRESENT IN CLUSTER AND HARD JERKING MOTION WHEN VEHICLE IS ENGAGED IN DRIVE WAS VERIFIED. SCANNED VEHICLE AND RECEIVED MULTIPLE FAULTS F ROM DRIVE MOTOR CONTROL MODULE. CHECKED ALL VALUE BLOCKS WITH IGNITION ON AND WI TH IGNITION OFF IN LOG. REMOVED LOWER COVERS AND INSPECT DRAINS ON FRONT MOTOR. CHECKED OKAY. CHECKED REAR MOTOR AND RESERVOIR WAS FULL. REMOVED RESERVOIR AND ADDITION COOLANT DRAINED FROM MOTOR. OPENED TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CLAIM. RELAYED INFORMATION AND AT THIS TIME ADVISED TOR REPLACE REAR EMOTOR AND RECHECK OPERATION.

Another email received from Audi Team On Tue, Jan 03, 2023

The Repair itself can take several days due to the actual work that goes into replacing the Emotor. As you can see in the images I sent over. Requires removing both “engine and transmission”. Almost all of the parts have arrived. We are still awaiting two parts needed for this repair.

Old 01-04-2023, 05:03 AM

So, in other words, Audi is addressing your problem(s), seems to have diagnosed them, and is fixing your car. Is that correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Audi