Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM

4,249 posts, read 4,768,924 times

Advertisements

I am looking at these apartments:

921 Westmoreland Circle Columbia Park Citi - Atlanta - Houses - Apartments for Rent

located at 921 westmoreland circle NW in Atlanta, GA.

Someone said it was located in the "West Highlands" area...is that side of town nice and considered safe? I understand this community was built after tearing down an older, "not so safe" community.

If anyone can give me any insight about this property or the area it's in I'd appreciate it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,977 times
I have been living there for an year now. It is actually a nice place to live in terms of amenities. However, most of the people living here are African American. There were two attempts to steal my car by breaking in. So in terms of safety, your car may be at risk, if you are not an african american. They seem to be picking on people who are not of their race.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:27 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,545,238 times
I would describe that area as "less than safe." I know two couples who live in West Highlands and both comically state how they are "lucky they haven't been broken into...yet". The development is super convenient for getting to downtown or midtown, but you are sort of screwed in terms of shopping/groceries/etc. and I wouldn't really walk around that area at night. Not trying to be a naysayer, but if it were me, I would look elsewhere. Also, even though they tore down the projects that were there, there are a lot of very poor areas around and a lot of riff raff that wanders around that area. If this were 10 years ago, you wouldn't even consider living there...if the economy had continued to climb I would be more optimisitic, but it hit the skids and rebuilding that area has slowed considerably.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:26 PM

4,249 posts, read 4,768,924 times
Thanks for the input; I actually ended up moving to North Decatur near Emory and the Farmer's Market. It's pricier but I like it...alot.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,558 times
Default seriously

Really, how dare they think they can pick on people that is not the same race as them. Someone should report them to the government that doesn't want a Black president. How about you all report them to the KKK or go back in time and report them to those people who lynched Blacks for being Black. Get over it sweetie, you probably have some underlying issues, but I doubt that whomever breaks into cars there are doing so because you are not Black. zthe one thing you can know for sure is that retarded Blacks will break into anyones car regardless of race. Don't let a guilty conscious make you say things like that unless you are 110% sure. If you don't like living around us, MOVE. I bet there are a lot of "White" neighborhoods that will be glad to have you, including the ones that steal cars, murder people, break into your house, etc. Lets not act like only Blacks do it... However, the neighborhood looks nice and so does the upkeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK_09 View Post
I have been living there for an year now. It is actually a nice place to live in terms of amenities. However, most of the people living here are African American. There were two attempts to steal my car by breaking in. So in terms of safety, your car may be at risk, if you are not an african american. They seem to be picking on people who are not of their race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: