Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 6,179 times

Advertisements

I currently live in the midwest and am travelling a week from now to Marietta to interview with WellStar. Does anyone know much about WellStar as a company? Do they treat their patients and RNs well? Competitive pay?

Also, this is our one chance to check out Marietta to determine if we want to move. We (my husband and I) have 2 kids (ages 4 & 6) and are looking to rent a decent 4 BR house for $800-$1000/month. We're not at all 'uppity', but don't want to live in the ghetto either. We're looking for safety and other families in similar lifestyles to live near.

We're also looking to try out a contemporary church the Sunday we are down there. Any suggestions?

What about Cobb County elementary schools? Any ones to avoid or to try to get into? What about preschools?

Finally, what should we go see or do that will really give us a glimpse of life in Marietta? (Not just touristy stuff)

Please help! I don't know what else to do to prepare myself for the trip down there.

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM

4 posts, read 12,029 times
The section of Cobb County referred to as East Cobb has the best schools, probably in the entire state of Georgia. There are three high schools that are considered the cream of the crop: Walton, Pope and Lassiter.

As far as the churches go, there are so many to choose from, that is if you are flexible with your religious beliefs. I am Catholic and ended up at a Presbyterian church simply because we liked the youth group there, it was the best fit for our kids.

Soccer is really big in Marietta, there are tons of soccer fields (and they are beautiful) where you can just drive in and check out a game going on, that is where you can get a feel for the area.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:45 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,393,597 times
The biggest challenge you'll have is your rental budget- $800-1,000/month won't get you a decent apartment in any of the good school districts, so it's definitely not going to get you a 4-bedroom house.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:09 PM

97 posts, read 241,976 times
Curious to know how everything turned out for you?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,482 times
perhaps you never got the job, so I don't want to spend a lot of time on answering this, but I think your budget is so low for a 4 bdr. house in safe areas of Marietta (or the metro area in general), that it doesn't matter what info we give here. You're going to be limited to what you can find for that price. I've said it before, but feelings of safety are a personal matter. I know people who are afraid to go to downtown Atlanta, and I know people (like me) who think that's absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: