Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:17 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,495,625 times

Advertisements

Great area- you can literally live within bicycling distance to the office and have a great place. 92 is a pretty well-traveled route during the commute, and can get heavy by GA standards, but it's nothing you're not used to coming from NJ. I'd focus my search is the area right along 92, including that part of Roswell, Woodstock, and even Milton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 07:32 AM

16,734 posts, read 29,742,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Found the address. Near 92 which is a diagonal road going NW and crabapple going N/S.

Looks to be northern central Roswell or at least it is north of the "Roswell" letters on google maps.

If this is the location of your office, you should focus your housing search on Roswell, Milton, Woodstock/Southeast Cherokee, and Northeast Cobb. West/Northwest Alpharetta could also work.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 PM

238 posts, read 558,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
If this is the location of your office, you should focus your housing search on Roswell, Milton, Woodstock/Southeast Cherokee, and Northeast Cobb. West/Northwest Alpharetta could also work.
I used to live very close to that intersection and there is abundant housing on both sides of 92 (south and north for the purpose of this discussion although 92 doesn't exactly run east-west).

You can have a Roswell address along both sides of 92, or go a bit further and be in Milton or Alpharetta, which I prefer (I now live in Milton). But if it adds precious time to your commute I wouldn't go up there right now, particularly as you are renting for the short term. I'd say look into one of the n'hoods around 92, get a rental and use the rental term to closer determine your area of taste. You may find that you like Alpharetta/Milton better - or not.

Re commute, if you can avoid the two main thoroughfares there (92 and 9), you can use side roads and have a fairly easy commute even if it does take a few minutes longer. So a mile or two here or there isn't going to break you, and it's better to find the place that suits your style within a certain driving distance. I'm all for short commutes but it shouldn't be the only consideration - I see people buying homes in locations close to traffic arteries and yes they may save 5 minutes a day, but IMO quality of life while you're at home can be compromised (by noise, pollution, undesirable elements, etc). YMMV of course (pun intended, ha ha)

Feel free to PM if you have specific questions.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM

17,063 posts, read 12,691,112 times
Thanks for all your inputs. Potential employers ask pointed questions like salary early and bluntly nowadays so I need to be armed.

I have to actually get the job now. In this market I no doubt have 5 or more well qualified competitors. This is my favorite of the 3 interview series I am currently going for so am pushing this one.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM

41 posts, read 105,797 times
Hey, that's my neck of the woods! You couldn't find a better suburban spot than this.

There is nearby shopping for all needs - Trader Joe's, PetSmart, Kohl's, Publix, Kroger, Target, etc. Roswell Park and Hembree Park are both close by. Right down the street is Sweet Apple Elementary school which is across the street from a new shopping center (also called Sweet Apple) that is charming and so *not* like standard ones. Downtown Roswell is cute, but very small. Extending north from the main street of "downtown" are vintage homes that have been taken over as boutiques, law offices, etc. That's the only bummer about Roswell - not much available to purchase in the way-older home category.

There are subdivisions of varied price points - high 100's to millions. In my area there are several by the elementary school in the lower range, surrounded by subs in the $400-600 range. So there's starter-to-move-up opportunities in the same area.

I don't know how long this ad will be viewable, but here's an example of an affordable rental that might suit your family. craigslist is always a good place to check for rentals.

Home for Rent in the Roswell Park Area (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/apa/1622990650.html - broken link)

If you don't mind suburbia I can't imagine how our area could miss for you. IMHO, it has everything a family could need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta