Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 04:51 PM

6 posts, read 36,025 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about buying a 2bed/2bath spire condo. Does anyone live there ? How much is HOA for one bed or two bedroom ? What does HOA include ? How is noisy level ? Is it good time to buy around in January of 2010 ? Are condos get better or more expensive as close to piedmont park ? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 07:40 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,018 times
Spire is $.33/sqft => $230-$280/sqft for a 1bdr and something like $400+ for most 2bdr places. HOA includes just high speed internet (faster than anything from Comcast, AT&T, or Clear) and the standard concierge, and building/amenity maintenance.

I never really had too much of a problem with noise living there. My next door neighbor liked a morning techno workout at 8am which was a little bothersome and the Carpenter's Union picketing the construction of the Clear retail store at Viewpoint did wake me up but back then my job let me sleep to 9am most days. The fire station at 10th St was the biggest nighttime disturbance and it still is for me.

There are cheaper condos in the Mayfair (closer to the park) and a few of the smaller/older towers but the new ones (Luxe and 1010 Midtown) are generally premium and a good bit steeper than Spire/Viewpoint/Metropolis.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 PM

thanks for the reply. Do you still live there ? Would you consider living somewhere else ? Do two bedrooms comes with two assigned parking space ? Can you buy two beds there for around 270 or 280K now ?

I just think, HOA is ridiculous. Does it go up every year ?

Thanks

Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenergan View Post
thanks for the reply. Do you still live there ? Would you consider living somewhere else ? Do two bedrooms comes with two assigned parking space ? Can you buy two beds there for around 270 or 280K now ?

Thanks
I moved in June when I bought a place at Viewpoint across the street. Nothing wrong w/ Spire, I just couldn't get the unit at the price I felt was fair. 2bdr units come w/ 2 spots but I'm not sure if they're next to each other. You should definitely be able to buy a 2bdr at that price given Viewpoint is starting in the 260k range. Some people may be higher up but I looked at a 240k short sale in Spire when I was shopping.

I think the HOA's been stable at Spire since it opened. Metropolis which was build in '02 is the same builder but their HOA is a bit more and they don't include internet so it may be built in somewhere...I'm not really sure. Spire just changed management companies but I don't know if they changed prices. It's the price of living in a condo. My brother's loft HOA is over $500/mon but he still loves the place b/c he was spending that much on gas prior to living in town. Factor in the fun of paying for landscaping, exterior paint, roofs, security, and the neighborhood pool and you're not that far off.

I'm still paying less in HOA than property tax so while a cost, it's not the biggest cost of living in the city. Nearby apts were nearly the same price as living in Spire w/o nearly as nice amenities.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,444 times
Maybe condo living isn't for you then. Of course if you buy a house you'll need to factor in repairs over the years to the outside of the house (ie..new roof), yard care etc. Not to mention you'll have no gym, maybe no pool, have to drive to most things and have to pay water/sewer/garbage which if you have a house in the city will be over $100/month right there.

Ask to see the budget where you are buying, the money isn't going for nothing, it goes for the building and services you receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenergan View Post

Thanks

Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 AM

Thank you.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,068 times
I'm thinking of renting a spot in Spire. My main concern is guest/visitor parking. Is there any, and are there any other free parking options nearby? How is Metropolis and Plaza with parking, if anyone knows?

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 PM

288 posts, read 958,772 times
There is guest parking at Spire when you first pull into the parking deck but you take a ticket at the gate, so its a pay guest parking area. Metropolis I think is the same way. Now Plaza Midtown has the Publix parking but I know they have security in there so not sure if your parked for an extended amount of time what they would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta