Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:36 AM

4,439 posts, read 6,316,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Both Austin and Columbus have metros over 1 million and Austin should be hitting 2 million within the next ten years making it larger than cities like Cleveland and Cincy where the population is declining. If a metro over one million doesn't make you a medium sized city then I don't know what does.
The Cincy area is not losing population. Cleveland is however.
Columbus is growing a nice steady pace as well. I'm a native Ohioan.

Columbus is a bigger college town than Dallas or Atlanta, however in that city the museum would be an OSU shrine and they wouldnt put anything Michigan in there. hehe

Go Buckeyes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM

815 posts, read 2,139,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
The Cincy area is not losing population. Cleveland is however.
Columbus is growing a nice steady pace as well. I'm a native Ohioan.

Columbus is a bigger college town than Dallas or Atlanta, however in that city the museum would be an OSU shrine and they wouldnt put anything Michigan in there. hehe

Go Buckeyes!

Columbus is a bigger college town because there is nothing else to Columbus besides OSU, and thats more a testament to the lack of things to do there than it is to OSU itself. Columbus is pretty darn big for a college town, and one would think that there would be more to do there than just OSU. But anyway.......

Please get of out here with that perennially overrated, weak schedule playing, always getting blown out in bowl games, sorry excuse for a football team I like to call the OSU “suckeyes”. I literally get sick to my stomach year in and year out with the OSU (Notre Dame too) slob fest, I bet there is a high school team somewhere in Texas, Florida, or even south Georgia that could beat OSU, seriously

Old 09-23-2009, 04:31 PM

268 posts, read 949,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Columbus is a bigger college town because there is nothing else to Columbus besides OSU, and thats more a testament to the lack of things to do there than it is to OSU itself. Columbus is pretty darn big for a college town, and one would think that there would be more to do there than just OSU. But anyway.......

Please get of out here with that perennially overrated, weak schedule playing, always getting blown out in bowl games, sorry excuse for a football team I like to call the OSU “suckeyes”. I literally get sick to my stomach year in and year out with the OSU (Notre Dame too) slob fest, I bet there is a high school team somewhere in Texas, Florida, or even south Georgia that could beat OSU, seriously

Are you a psychic because I was thinking the exact same thing, but I don't blame OSU or Notre Dame I blame the NCAA for letting them get away with the cupcake schedule they have every year and Notre Dame shouldn't even be allowed to play in a bowl becasue they are to scared to put their football team in a conference but as a independent they can play whoever they want, go undefeated and whine if they don't get a shot at a national title.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,875,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
I'm from LA and football is big there and is the ONLY city in the USA with two Division I teams from a major conference (BCS aka Bowl Championship Subdivision) right across town
Don't forget the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill Metro Area with three BCS teams -- Duke, NC State and UNC. Not that they are considered great football powers, but still....

Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,914,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Don't forget the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill Metro Area with three BCS teams -- Duke, NC State and UNC. Not that they are considered great football powers, but still....
Like I said before UCLA and USC are in the same CITY...campuses are less than 20 miles away from each other...But you make a solid point.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:14 AM

173 posts, read 471,616 times
Quote:
They'd make a GREAT site for a College Basketball Hall of Fame if it ever moved again.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 AM

16,716 posts, read 29,568,171 times
Quote:

The Raleigh/Durham area should be the home for the College Basketball Hall of Fame.

Does this exist?

Old 09-24-2009, 08:02 AM

815 posts, read 2,139,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
The Raleigh/Durham area should be the home for the College Basketball Hall of Fame.

Does this exist?

Not sure but I think both pro and college HOF for basketball is one in the same........

Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 AM

16,716 posts, read 29,568,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtownatl View Post
They'd make a GREAT site for a College Basketball Hall of Fame if it ever moved again.

Sorry...I posted before I saw your post.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 AM

859 posts, read 2,121,657 times
I believe the NCAA basketball hall of fame is in Kansas City, Mo, College Basketball Experience and the Pro in springfield, ill. I agree the college HOF for basketball should move in to the raleigh/durham area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta