Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 PM

11 posts, read 123,263 times

Advertisements

I have friends in the Alpharetta, Roswell, Woodstock areas. Looks like you get alot more house for the money in Woodstock, and newer homes too! While Roswell and Alpharetta are more pricey the schools seem to be really good.
I'm looking in the 225K-300K range for a 4 bed, 2 bath home. Slim pickings in Alpharetta and Roswell in that range. I found some, i dont mind a home 10-15 years old, wouldn't wanna go much older than that.

Woodstock has a ton of great homes in my price range and would be my main focus, and my 5th and 6th graders would be attending Etowah or woodstock High. I looked at all the threads here and also at greatschools.com and heard alot of not so favorable
comments on the woodstock and etowah schools. My impression from what i read is that they are much inferior to the alpharetta and Roswell high schools.

I guess overall i dont really care if Woodstock Public high schools aren't quite as good as some other places, but what i really want to know is "how are they" on their own? Would they be a nice choice to send my children to, why or why not?

Any feedback would be great. Anyway when i finally move I will rent first and target a job near home (not planning to drive to downtown atlanta for work). I work at home part-time currently and can take that job with me. I supplement that with an office job to make ends meet. Anyway let me know about the public high schools in Woodstock, good or bad. The scores looked good but the comments from students and parents were shaky. thanks for your help!

Last edited by Mr G; 04-24-2007 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 04:06 PM

985 posts, read 5,763,824 times
Default check the links

https://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...can-share.html

Old 04-24-2007, 07:06 PM

11 posts, read 123,263 times
thanks for that thread. I had read allthe woodstock threads already. I probably didnt exactly word my question perfectly. I'm sold on Woodstock being a good city, with affordable houses, and nice people.

My question mark is the schools. Ive heard alot of generic stuff like "they are great" or "they are terrible" but not alot of specifics. Im trying to compare and contracts the public high schools in the area. Sequoia, Woodstock, Etowah and someone mentioned South Forsyth as well.

bestschools site had low ratings on the woodstock public high schools , the specific parents and students that posted said they didnt like it, the teachers didnt seem to care, the extra programs werent being administered etc.
Im looking for anyone that can say stuff like "i had a friend that went there and they really liked it alot and did well in college after" or "i went there and didnt feel i had the help needed" or any speicifics

Im trying to decide which school is best of the woodstock public high school ones and maybe throw South Forsyth into the mix or any others since that area is a little more affordable. Thanks for your time p.s. you can also send private message if you wish. This forum is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta