Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 PM

6 posts, read 20,480 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was wonder if anyone could tell me how's the traffic going up and down this road from around Pleasant Hill to North Lake Mall during rush hour? About how long will it take?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,504,281 times
Default The traffic is 'Plentiful'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
Hello, I was wonder if anyone could tell me how's the traffic going up and down this road from around Pleasant Hill to North Lake Mall during rush hour? About how long will it take?

Thanks!
'Rush Hour' really never ends and so you have to be creative...

Lots of growth in this area and not far from Pleasant Hill is state road 316--heavily traveled--goes to Athens/Winder.

Go to ---GA Navigator and read their FYI--or just watch the traffic patterns---be sure that you are not caught in the peak times. It is a relatively short distance---and there are back roads--smacking my head to think of some names---one of the forum moderators knows this area and can probably give you a good route.

I cannot think of any time of day when it is not gridlock on Pleasant Hill --just find another road--that is my advice---Lawrenceville Hwy usually moves pretty well ---try that.

Take care---

sls

Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I've seen the traffic on Pleasant Hill and it is terrible but that's the part north of I85 (in front of WalMart). I'm asking about Lawrenceville Hwy because I'm sort of interested in some townhomes next Pleasant Hill and Lawrenceville Hwy. From there, I'm interested to know what kind of a commute will it be from there to Northlake mall. I'm guessing it's about 8-9 miles so that should be about 20-25 minutes normally but I'm wanting to know how it will be during rush hour (around 8am and 5:30pm).

Old 04-23-2007, 10:44 AM

Thumbs up It is doable--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I've seen the traffic on Pleasant Hill and it is terrible but that's the part north of I85 (in front of WalMart). I'm asking about Lawrenceville Hwy because I'm sort of interested in some townhomes next Pleasant Hill and Lawrenceville Hwy. From there, I'm interested to know what kind of a commute will it be from there to Northlake mall. I'm guessing it's about 8-9 miles so that should be about 20-25 minutes normally but I'm wanting to know how it will be during rush hour (around 8am and 5:30pm).
Go out a little further--on Lawrenceville Hwy and look at Manchester Walk/Bowen Homes---don't know your preferences--but I loved this community--just past 316. 3 floor plans--small yards--which I like--might be considered an 'Intown' community---single family houses--close together--there are lots available far in the back --overlooking nice woods ---might be 6 mo before they get to those. Good choice of homes available in the area they have finished. $ starting around $159,000---all you would have to do is drive down Lawrenceville Hwy--about 12-15 miles--might hit a snarl at Stone Mt Industrial or whatever its called and LaVista would creep along but I know I could/would find a time to go when traffic was lighter.

Will not put up with this sitting in gridlock and watching my $$$$$ gas evaporate---and again--always avoid Pleasant Hill---any way you can. Sugarloaf Pkwy, too--hate them--absolutely hate them.

Hate Jimmy Carter and Oakbrook Pkwy---sigh--I just hate sitting in traffic in general---but ---to have a place to live that is affordable---you have to go 'Out There' and then drive back to the JOB. LOL--you could buy a nice mansion near N Lake mall--if you have half a million to spare. Absolutely ridiculous--shrug--you should hear what they say in the California forums--worse there. Particularly bad in the San Diego area--

As soon as you can--move further north--really nice around Toccoa/Hartwell/Lavonia--nice houses for under $50,000. That's what I am thinking about doing.

Good luck.

sls

Old 04-23-2007, 10:55 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,311,305 times
"Just past 316" is more than "just a little bit farther" out compared to Pleasantdale. 316 to Northlake (via Lawrenceville Hwy) is probably twice as far as Pleasantdale to Northlake. Maybe more than double.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Actually, I'm hoping to buy a 2 bed/2.5 bath townhome under $200k if possible. I noticed there are some really nice places along Henderson Rd but there's no way I could afford to live there! Pleasant Hill south of 85 appears to be vastly residential so I'm hoping it should be relatively smooth sailing to Northlake mall.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:25 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,311,305 times
I just realized I wrote Pleasantdale rather than Pleasant Hill in my previous post. I wasn't able to edit what i wrote. Substitute Pleasant Hill where I wrote Pleasantdale and my post will make sense.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 PM

Arrow i sort of understand what u said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
"Just past 316" is more than "just a little bit farther" out compared to Pleasantdale. 316 to Northlake (via Lawrenceville Hwy) is probably twice as far as Pleasantdale to Northlake. Maybe more than double.
I just got fed up with the traffic last Monday and drove on the Lawrenceville Hwy for a while. It was getting dark and I came to a big intersection with lots of traffic---sigh --it was 316--around 7:30 PM --people were streaming past toward Athens. I went straight on---saw signs for Dacula and Auburn, Carl--then after the Walmart---where there was only the calm and dark--I found the Traveler's Lodge. Old 40's motel---I love them---just love them. Stayed the night and could not have been happier.

I saw a 'Buckhead Brokers' sign in the yard the next AM--sigh--so I assume the area is going to 'Develop'. I would like to have some of the tiles from that little motel. A very nice evening, jmo.

I am going to search this area---I want a little house--40's/50's and the peace and quiet that they have there. If necessary I could get up a 4 AM and drive to Pleasant Hill or some epicenter of commerce to WORK---and then drive away at the end of the day.

I live near NLake Mall---a great area --prized real estate is to be found here--'Intown', I suppose---tired of all of this. Cannot even get an application submitted to the DeKalb school system--just don't ask 'Why'---I taught for them for many years---should not be a 'Problem' and yet there always seem to be 'Something' causing turmoil over there. Won't bother with them again.

Wherever there is a retail store--I can find a job. I worked for Macy's for a while and they are a good company---LOL---those 'Guys' from NYC know and love retail. Anyone considering a 'Career'--retail sales beats teaching, that is what I think.

If anybody knows how to get a job as a 'Manufacturer's Rep'--that is what I really want. Go around to different stores and stock the shelves--interested in home decor--flowers, candles, cards--smaller items.

I should make a post about that in some other forum--too tired from looking for houses to think about jobs. Need both.

sls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta