Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 9,209 times

Advertisements

What do you people think about Brookwood High School in Snellville, GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 AM

45 posts, read 216,449 times
Probably the best in the county. Teachers from around the state go to their schools to observe their reading and writing programs. They hold their "Literacy Institute" every summer led by many of the brookwood teachers and approximately 500 teachers from around the county attend. I just finished attending a couple of weeks ago. A former teacher there, Amy Buckner, as a nationally known author and researcher in the field.

I am an elementary teacher myself in gwinnett and If we could figure out transportation my kids would be going there.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 PM

102 posts, read 364,880 times
Fabulous!!!! It is THE only school in Gwinnett I would send my kids to!!! The administration is amazing and the programs are top notch!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:37 AM

167 posts, read 769,572 times
I've only heard outstanding remarks regarding Brookwood. Great school!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy900 View Post
What do you people think about Brookwood High School in Snellville, GA
My daughter has gone to Brookwood(Lawrenceville) and did well...But I have to say I am much more impressed and happy with the administration as well as teachers at Parkview...They seem to pay closer attention to the students and the parents. I never have to wait WEEKS to get a response to a phone call or a email...minutes vs weeks. Its very helpful to be able to feel the teachers truely care and are on top of communication with parents. I have not had a bad expirience at Parkview..Brookwood was a good school but it just felt like it was all about "numbers" vs students....

Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 AM

925 posts, read 2,607,474 times
Once a fantastic school, it is now only mediocre, not because of the lowering of educational standards, but because the demographics have changed.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Once a fantastic school, it is now only mediocre, not because of the lowering of educational standards, but because the demographics have changed.

FOLKS - please ignore this guy/gal as he/she has an agenda to trash any area that is not 100% caucasion. He's been trashing Gwinnett and tyring to get people to attend Tea Parties.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:03 PM

925 posts, read 2,607,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
FOLKS - please ignore this guy/gal as he/she has an agenda to trash any area that is not 100% caucasion. He's been trashing Gwinnett and tyring to get people to attend Tea Parties.
As I've stated, and I'll not say it again, I have every right to state my opinion.

Secondly, it is only a matter of time before Brookwood is a "failing" school. Give it ten years, maximum. I've seen the trends in metro Atlanta long enough to practically guarantee it.

Tea Parties are great. Do you support higher taxes that will vastly effect your quality of life?

Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,891,695 times
Quote:
Tea Parties are great. Do you support higher taxes that will vastly effect your quality of life?
Yep, absolutely, I'm currently on a vacation visit back home in Canada and it's so refreshing to be back in an environment of attractive, upscale public services. Georgia's public places, transit, etc. are all so depressingly scruffy and third-rate by comparison because y'all don't want to pay taxes for them. Not that the majority of Georgians are about to agree with me, but since you asked, I thought I'd just point out that "drinking the tea" so to speak, is not the only possible point of view.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:59 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times
Quote:
As I've stated, and I'll not say it again, I have every right to state my opinion.

Secondly, it is only a matter of time before Brookwood is a "failing" school. Give it ten years, maximum. I've seen the trends in metro Atlanta long enough to practically guarantee it.

PLEASE LEAVE MY COUNTRY YOU ANTI-AMERICAN IDIOT. And when I say your kind I do not mean whites. I am not anti-white. In fact, FYI -I am half white. Your kind is your mentality, which becoming marginalized and irrelevant on both a national and global scale. And yes, the children of your kind will be slaves in the form of low wages to folks who may not look like them. Why? Becuase you are lost and will teach your inbred children your philosophy, confusing them and totally screwing their heads up when they enter into the real world, rendering them as incompetent as you. I've seen it first hand in corporate America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta