Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:30 PM

8 posts, read 44,892 times

Advertisements

we are a military family whom will be moving into the area soon and have been looking into renting a house in stockbridge Ga..I do have two school aged children which I will most likley homeshcool. My biggest concern is safety and I have found a house that seems to be a nice neighborhood in a community called Avian forest in stockbridge. I was wondering if anyone has any good input on this area. I would greatly appreciate it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 08:44 PM

214 posts, read 595,194 times
I'm in Henry, and in my opinion it would be well worth it for your family to go just a tiny bit further south. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a comparable rental (size, price, subdivision ammenities) in an area where there isn't nearly as much of a transition going on. Stockbridge in general and Flippen Rd. in particular are in the middle stages of becoming... hmm, how do I say this... Clayton-like.

I'm not a total Clayton hater at all, but the general opinion of Clayton and the elements within it have been spilling over into Stockbridge for a few years now, and have a good hold in the Avian Forest area.

Especially since you're homeschooling, I believe you can find a really nice house rental for a good price in areas zoned for Dutchtown schools or Henry County Middle and High schools (the two least desirable school clusters in the county).

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 PM

8 posts, read 44,892 times
ty for your input...i will look into those areas...I am very concerned with finding an area that is safe for me and my family...I know crime can be unpredictable and is all over...I am a survivor of a horrific crime that changed my life forever. An home invasion where I was shot multiple times (5) in front of my children aged 6 and 9 at the time. It has been two years since then, but we remember it like it was yesterday.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 11,380 times
Hello all, ty for your insight on stockbridge crime. We are relocating to Georgia in the next few weeks and I have a daughter that is in high school. Although crime is everywhere can someone sudgest some areas that are not as bad as the others?

Old 04-03-2010, 09:28 PM

705 posts, read 1,110,173 times
That area isn't too bad, but there are better areas, the south end of the County is more rural, but the traffic is terrible. Henry County is getting more and more like Clayton every day. In 5 years or less it'll be like Clayton is now. Fayette, Cowetta or Douglas are better, Newton is starting to get crowded like Rockdale but is better than Henry. We moved here in '95, I'm sorry for it now.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,815 times
how is the Hudson brigde area?

Old 11-06-2014, 04:35 PM

209 posts, read 276,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewaeto View Post
ty for your input...i will look into those areas...I am very concerned with finding an area that is safe for me and my family...I know crime can be unpredictable and is all over...I am a survivor of a horrific crime that changed my life forever. An home invasion where I was shot multiple times (5) in front of my children aged 6 and 9 at the time. It has been two years since then, but we remember it like it was yesterday.
That's horrible. I'm glad to hear you survived. I hope your family has recovered well from trauma.

I can understand your fear of crime. Peachtree City, my hometown, is a good bet if you want safety.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:10 PM

214 posts, read 595,194 times
Hey @tanyagirl123
The Eagle's Landing area is putting great effort into separating itself from the rest of Stockbridge, including the other side of Eagle's Landing Parkway, which is Hudson Bridge. Best Stockbridge bets depend on what you're looking for (house or apt., rent or buy, school levels), but in general you're better off just moving your search a tiny bit south and choosing something in McDonough.

Last edited by cbreeze22; 11-07-2014 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: added quote

Old 11-10-2014, 03:42 AM

268 posts, read 344,590 times
why you liars on here lying? those black folks you talking about are middle class folks. there is no real crime down there

Old 11-10-2014, 03:44 AM

268 posts, read 344,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
That area isn't too bad, but there are better areas, the south end of the County is more rural, but the traffic is terrible. Henry County is getting more and more like Clayton every day. In 5 years or less it'll be like Clayton is now. Fayette, Cowetta or Douglas are better, Newton is starting to get crowded like Rockdale but is better than Henry. We moved here in '95, I'm sorry for it now.

i am calling bull on your post, keep running every time you see a black person you will be living in valdosta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta