Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:11 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,409,079 times

Advertisements

91 - 78

Go Hawks!!!!
Next up, Cleveland!
Time to kick some Cav Butt!

Last edited by Georgia; 05-03-2009 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 03:23 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,506,013 times
Wow, that was a very close series.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:49 PM

293 posts, read 1,107,569 times
Go Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy for them!

Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,822,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Wow, that was a very close series.
The series went 7 games, which makes it sound close...but the individual games weren't very close.

I think the Hawks can hang with Cleveland...whether we win the series or not will depend on if somebody for the Hawks can match the offensive output of LeBron...and if somebody for the Hawks can play solid defense on LeBron for an entire game.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:19 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,650,288 times
I'm happy that they are in the second round but I just don't know about this. Cleveland is tougher than us mentally and ATL doesn't have much heart (it's all or nothing with the Hawks). Everyone in the world outside o Miami and Bristol,CT knew we should've trashed the Heat in five games but it went all seven...hopefully being a huge underdog can help them maintain focus and intensity against Cleveland. Go Hawks

Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
I'm happy that they are in the second round but I just don't know about this. Cleveland is tougher than us mentally and ATL doesn't have much heart (it's all or nothing with the Hawks). Everyone in the world outside o Miami and Bristol,CT knew we should've trashed the Heat in five games but it went all seven...hopefully being a huge underdog can help them maintain focus and intensity against Cleveland. Go Hawks
I don't think the Hawks are any more of an underdog than they were last year...and I think outside of LeBron the Cavs are an average team.

You may be right about Miami, but Dwayne Wade is a superstar and one of the best in the NBA...he can carry a team - just like LeBron.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 PM

642 posts, read 2,220,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
The series went 7 games, which makes it sound close...but the individual games weren't very close.

I think the Hawks can hang with Cleveland...whether we win the series or not will depend on if somebody for the Hawks can match the offensive output of LeBron...and if somebody for the Hawks can play solid defense on LeBron for an entire game.
This is the internet so its hard to tell whether you're saying this with a straight face.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,409,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrob View Post
This is the internet so its hard to tell whether you're saying this with a straight face.
You may be surprised, The Heat sure was.
The best thing for Atlanta right now is to continue with the Underdog banner and be proud of it. I would bet LeBron and the Cav's think they will just waltz in and smack their hiney. Kind of like the Patriots thought they would do to the Giants.
It will be tough. I hope they can pull it out.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 PM

642 posts, read 2,220,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
You may be surprised, The Heat sure was.
The best thing for Atlanta right now is to continue with the Underdog banner and be proud of it. I would bet LeBron and the Cav's think they will just waltz in and smack their hiney. Kind of like the Patriots thought they would do to the Giants.
It will be tough. I hope they can pull it out.
You're not comparing the Heat to the Cavs are you? And for those insinuating that the Cavs are a one-man show consider this. Cleveland won what about 64-65 games I'm not sure. Lebron scores an average of 30 points a game. So unless they were winning all those games by scores of like 40-35, which is unlikely in an NBA game, some other guys must have been doing something for them.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrob View Post
You're not comparing the Heat to the Cavs are you? And for those insinuating that the Cavs are a one-man show consider this. Cleveland won what about 64-65 games I'm not sure. Lebron scores an average of 30 points a game. So unless they were winning all those games by scores of like 40-35, which is unlikely in an NBA game, some other guys must have been doing something for them.
Even though the Cavs aren't a one man team, I can't even name another Cavs player. It's probably because James gets ALL of the camera time and press coverage for the Cavs, but still...they have "Mo" somebody I think...that's all I know, and I follow NBA basketball. And the Cavs are very much like the Heat in my book.

I was totally being serious earlier...the Hawks are a good team, so I'm not sure why you would insinuate that they can't play with the Cavs. They may or may not compete well...they may or may not win the series...but they the Hawks are a better all-around team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta