Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 01:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,738,815 times

Advertisements

Me and two other friends of mine would like to go in together on renting a place to throw a party this summer (early June). We'd like it to be a cookout so we can enjoy the nice Atlanta summer weather It will also be one of my friends' birthday, so it'll be kindof a birthday party/cookout.

I looked on not allowed and saw a couple of places to rent, but I'm afraid to hold it in just any regular neighborhood because we may end up having a large number of people and I do not want to risk disturbing any neighbors that are close to us or having people calling the police. Not that I don't trust our invitees to be courteous, but you just never know when you have a large-sized party of people. I thought about looking into the homes on Lake Lanier because alot of those properties are large and on larger spaces of land.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 05-30-2011 at 08:30 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 06:40 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,942,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Me and two other friends of mine would like to go in together on renting a place to throw a party this summer (early June). We'd like it to be a cookout so we can enjoy the nice Atlanta summer weather It will also be one of my friends' birthday, so it'll be kindof a birthday party/cookout.

I looked on and saw a couple of places to rent, but I'm afraid to hold it in just any regular neighborhood because we may end up having a large number of people and I do not want to risk disturbing any neighbors that are close to us or having people calling the police. Not that I don't trust our invitees to be courteous, but you just never know when you have a large-sized party of people. I thought about looking into the homes on Lake Lanier because alot of those properties are large and on larger spaces of land.

I would look into one of the many parks around. Something like Wills Park in Alpharetta has covered pavilions and plenty of parking. I'm sure parks in most towns have rental facilities.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:14 PM

135 posts, read 533,155 times
My friend rented a house right across the street from Atlantic Station for his 21st a few years ago. It was a pretty good party and the house was nice, too. Not sure on the pricing or where you could go to get more info, though..

Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,844 times
Welcome All Park in South Fulton.

My church had our fun weekend at this park. Nice facility.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:43 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times
I went to a party at ZooAtlanta a couple of years ago...there were at least 300 people there, and the party space was really cool. Compound has a nice looking outdoor space available for rent, located in west Midtown. Piedmont Park has shelters for rent, but it also has Magnolia Hall and all the outdoor space surrounding it; Piedmont also has the swimming pool space - I've been to a party there before and it was really nice.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 15,908 times
I would like to have a pool party in the ATL...... anybody knows of a place

Old 07-08-2009, 12:43 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,527 times
Piedmont Park just opened up their new pool. Check online to see if they allow for private parties.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 12,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post

I looked on and saw a couple of places to rent, but I'm afraid to hold it in just any regular neighborhood because we may end up having a large number of people and I do not want to risk disturbing any neighbors that are close to us or having people calling the police. Not that I don't trust our invitees to be courteous, but you just never know when you have a large-sized party of people. I thought about looking into the homes on Lake Lanier because alot of those properties are large and on larger spaces of land.

Hi I wanted to know if you were able to find any places to have your pool party? I am looking for a place as well... trying to get some ideas...

Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaroseatl View Post
Hi I wanted to know if you were able to find any places to have your pool party? I am looking for a place as well... trying to get some ideas...
bellaroseatl:

Please note that posting dates are in the upper corner of each person's post. You are replying to a posting that is 2 years old. Most likely the OP is no longer reading responses to this. Please use the site's search feature which may yield more recent posts where you can read the results from those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: