Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 08:29 AM

18 posts, read 125,436 times

Advertisements

Are there any good 2nd hand stores or thrift stores here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
yes, tons. i can't drive anywhere without passing at least one.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,484 times
The best ones are in Little Five Points IMO.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:37 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
The ones in Little 5 Points are Stephan's and Clothing Warehouse. Stephan's is a vintage clothing store. It's expensive, and they're EXTREMELY picky about what they'll buy or take as trade-ins. Not thifty at all, but they have nice stuff if you're into glammy-vintage clothing.

Clothing Warehouse is a basic used clothing store (they might be stocking some new clothing these days, too) and is cheaper than Stephans, but nowhere near as inexpensive as an actual thift store. This would probably be a good place to get some jeans or a casual jacket.

The real "thrift" stores in Atlanta are Value Village, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Second Glance, etc. You have to dig around at these, and maybe check back frequently, but you will find great stuff for peanuts if you have a little patience.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Post Some of my favorites---

Quote:
Originally Posted by mami579 View Post
Are there any good 2nd hand stores or thrift stores here?
In Avondale--

'Finders Keeper'--Bonnie Kallenberg = owner
She started this business about 12 yrs ago--maybe longer--I moved back from Savannah and found it then.

Clothes are 'Good Quality- clean and fairly priced--all things considered--(I worked in retail for a long time and cannot stand to pay more than the mfrg $---'Thrifty' soul that I am---I know what a mark up merchants take to cover 'expenses' ---never knew exactly how much but if I had to guess--something like 200 percent ---yuk --the consumer pays ...theft, operational expenses--salaries for sometimes less than competent service---oh well)

Bonnie is 'Fari'--go see her.

--Nearly New Shop--Jr League of Atlanta--Howell Mill Rd--TJ Maxx--Petsmart or Petco--new strip mall ---I find a few things there--you will do well if you are smaller than average

--Goodwill stores---all over the place--Gwinnett Mall store is particularly good==Pleasanthill Rd---away from the malll--headed toward Lilburn

Used to be more--some have 'Gone'. The overhead in any mall is phenomenal and it is a 'Hassle'--getting consignment clothes and then splitting the $... or so I assume

I did some volunteer work with a clothing store for women rejoining the workforce ---it was a lot of 'WORK'---LOL--yrs of retail sales and teaching---I ran my 'Store' well. Didn't care about the $--just wanted those who needed 'Something' to get what they needed. Got in 'trouble' with the person who started the program...worth it. She was somewhat opionated and self-rightous...don'[ care for that 'Kind'...

sls

Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 8,862 times
Talking Thrift Store

Maybe, Search the Inet for sure there are listing.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:18 PM

279 posts, read 471,731 times
there is/was one in roswell on alpharetta highway south of holcomb bridge that gets lots of stuff from the rich people.
Have not been there in 10 years but it could still be there.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:45 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,994 times
America's Thrift and Psycho Sisters was recommended to me...anyone on here been to those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta