Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 11:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,917 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be relocating from MN to GA. We are looking for a 4bedroom house to rent. I am renting my 4bedroom home until the market gets better or I will just keep it as an investment property. I will need to find a house in a good school district for my high school and middle school girls. This move is going to be difficult for them so I need to make sure I put them in a very good school district.
If there is someone who are trying to sell their home and would like to rent it until the market gets better I am the family for you. The max I am willing to pay for rent is $1350. If you have a property available please contact me at pglakeville@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,188,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgordon View Post
My family and I will be relocating from MN to GA. We are looking for a 4bedroom house to rent. I am renting my 4bedroom home until the market gets better or I will just keep it as an investment property. I will need to find a house in a good school district for my high school and middle school girls. This move is going to be difficult for them so I need to make sure I put them in a very good school district.
First question: Why North Fulton?

I moved to the Atlanta metro from the SW Twin Cities suburbs in 2004.

If you want to give us more specific information, we can try to narrow things down for you.

Atlanta has a somewhat larger metro than the Twin Cities (maybe 25% larger), but the traffic down here can be a lot worse, so location (read: "proximity to work") is one of the most important things to consider for most people. A long commute can be done, but some commutes are simply unworkable unless you really like sitting in your car for 2-3 hours every day.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,917 times
Default RE: Why North Fulton

I quess it does not have to be just North Fulton. I need to be in a very good school district. I have been looking at Buford, and Fayetteville area. I work from home so the traffic may not be a big deal.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:26 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,705,191 times
Boy, Buford and Fayetteville are on the opposite ends (geographically) of Metro Atlanta

When you can finally buy a home, what do you anticipate being able to spend?

One of the challenges for you is that many neighborhoods in Metro Atlanta are far more affordable for renters than owners (does that make sense)? Given your girls age, you hate to move them twice.

What is bringing your to Atlanta?

Tell us a little about what you think makes a school good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: