Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,317 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

I am planning on moving to the Dunwoody area in the next month and wanted to see if anyone had any apartment advice for me.

-What are some affordable single bedroom (~$650-700/mo.), 600+ sq. ft, close to 400, SAFE, and reliable apartment complexes? Looking near the Perimeter Mall area.

-How much should I expect to pay for electric? Renter's Insurance? Water/Sewer/Trash (I was quoted a flat $28/mo at one place)? And Internet/Cable Service?

-Anything I should be wary of regarding safety or other issues in the area?

I'm just trying to get a feel for the area and the cost of living in Dunwoody.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 09:23 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,892,366 times
It gets posted quite a bit, but try to use the service from promove.com

Many recommend them here for being able to find good matches for people looking for places, though I'm going to tell you, you'll be hard-pressed to find something at $700 or less in that area unless you luck out or rent an apartment that's in a private residence.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 8,317 times
Thanks for the advice on Promove - I've already contacted them, actually! (Great service!!! Very satisfied with what they've told me so far)

But I'm also looking for insight from actual renters in the area - It's promove's job to "get the sale", as it is for the apartment leasing agents, so some real, honest info would be helpful.

Anyone?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:00 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,664,235 times
It might be easier if you tell us what ProMove recommends and we reply with what we know.

Most of us aren't familiar with what actual rents are in different complexes so we would be guessing.

I am thinking that there won't be very many options in your price range right at perimeter mall, but given the current market conditions, I could be wrong.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:08 AM

74 posts, read 342,361 times
I'm not familiar with Dunwoody but have you check out Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters., it'll give you unbiase opinions of other past/current tenants of area apartments that are in Dunwoody area and what you can expect for price range that you're looking.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,740,728 times
only prob with apt ratings is you get the really pissed off people writing in. so you'll pretty much find every single apartment complex totally trashed and bashed. I looked at the Jefferson Square apts a while back and they seemed to be pretty affordable for the money. They're off of Ashford Dunwoody and many units are remodeled and very clean.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM

18 posts, read 71,741 times
There are several good apartments. The Pointe at Perimeter is nice and safe. It is in walking distance to Borders, the mall, target...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: