Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 PM

93 posts, read 202,401 times

Advertisements

What's your take on this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 03:20 AM

513 posts, read 1,634,420 times
Used to be ultra-funky and a little scary (80's). Still funky, but nicer and a bit expensive. Most homes in the vicinity would be an okay place to live. Maybe not as much the closer you get to I-20. It would be an excellent drive to downtown if you work there.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,109,986 times
What is your question specifically? Is Little Five Points a place to hang out, shop and eat at? Are there funky stores and a great place to people watch? I walk occasionally from my house to Little Five Points to have breakfast (sadly Grandma Luke's has closed), lunch or dinner. Is it, and will it always remain a funky area of town, I think so. I do not shop in the area, I don't think the retailers think of me when they stock their shelves.

Inman Park and Candler Park are the two closest neighborhoods to L5P and I think they are great neighborhoods to live in (I am bias of course). I have even been to Variety Playhouse Online, 7 Stages (http://www.7stages.org/cgi-bin/MySQLdb?VIEW=/view.txt - broken link), and Horizon Theatre Company for plays and concerts.

Would I walk back to my house late at night by myself, no - but there is always an interesting blend of people to people watch.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:34 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,976,177 times
It's more trendy now than weirdoville like it was several years ago when I was living in Atlanta. The proximity to Freedom Park (best bike trails and park/residential neighborhood in Fulton Co.) makes the homes in that area VERY expensive. If I could afford it and wanted to live in the vicinity of downtown, that's the area I'd live in. But then again I'm first and foremost a trails and parks fan.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:55 PM

43 posts, read 117,435 times
Used to be better. Gradually becoming over-commercialized hangout spot for teenaged suburbanites. EAV is cooler and more eclectic in my humble opinion, if that's your thing.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:14 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,525,943 times
I liked it. Looks like the area where the hipsters and hippies hang out. When I first moved here I was walking around there and stumbled on this black rock group called Janelle Monea they were really good. It was by that place with the skull as the door. I like Savage Pizza too. I hope the place doesn't go corporate.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:41 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,126,060 times
To me it is the most hoakie area I have ever seen. As you approach you will notice everyone in old beaters or Subarus with a thousand stickers on the back driving around. Old Kerry/Gore stickers and what have you. You know they buy only the finest pot and finest glassware at the "nice" headshop there called 42 Degrees. They also buy all their clothes from the stores there, that sell "vintage" clothing. This is actually nothing more than used clothing, but it is very expensive, like, you might as well go to Lenox. Or if you really want the same clothing, how about the Thrift Store for 15000% less. If you are craving Wheat grass, well there is your local Arden's Garden, which I have to say I do like. I guess I have a little hippy in me. The only real good food place is Vortex, but as funny as the front of the menu is, I think that is how they would like it to be, but in the end run waiters know that their tips come from good service, not entitlement. Basically, it is all a liberal's haven, or heaven, whatever floats your boat. But remember, to be a true liberal, you have to be rich enough.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:51 PM

154 posts, read 606,613 times
well, that was a lame rant.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:10 PM

23,528 posts, read 44,214,555 times
Quasi-yuppie and growing yuppier by the year.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:06 AM

325 posts, read 980,963 times
Are we talking about the same area? I love the area, but maybe thats Inman Park which is pricey but a beautiful place to live right down the road from Little 5. I say Inman Park (not Reynoldstown) all the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta