Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 AM

7 posts, read 48,742 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I am thinking about moving to the Atlanta area to hopefully attend GaTech in the near future. I am planning on going to GPC (Dunwoody campus) to finish my AA or AS and then transferring to GaTech. I am looking for apartments that are about midway between the two and are near the $700 a month range. I dont know the area so I dont know what areas are good and bad. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all and have a good holiday.

-Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 11:07 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,741,685 times
Contact PROMOVE (Apartments for Rent - Apartment Locator Service | PROMOVE.com). They are a free apartment referral service and can help you get a great deal in Dunwoody or Midtown. Lots of specials too.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:11 AM

239 posts, read 923,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librab103 View Post
Hello all! I am thinking about moving to the Atlanta area to hopefully attend GaTech in the near future. I am planning on going to GPC (Dunwoody campus) to finish my AA or AS and then transferring to GaTech. I am looking for apartments that are about midway between the two and are near the $700 a month range. I dont know the area so I dont know what areas are good and bad. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all and have a good holiday.

-Matt
Midway between the Ga Tech and GPC Dunwoody places you in the Peachtree/Brookhaven area. Neither will have many good places in your price range unless you consider getting a roomate.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM

In the event that you are open to roomates. I know a few people that have stayed here - MetroPointe Lofts :: Student Loft Living in Atlanta, GA (http://www.metropointelofts.com/home.htm - broken link) - while in college. They seemed to like it well enough. Also, it is in your price range, very close to Ga Tech, and 15-20 min away from GPC... it may be a good way for you to meet some new people since you are presumably moving from out of town and won't know anyone.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 AM

Well more or less closer to Ga Tech.... seeing that I will most likely spend a good amount of years there. I don't mind even going to $750 if the area/place is right. I am an older student. I am 26 and have lived off campus ever since I started college *cough* 7 years ago *cough*. I am trying to avoid apartments that already have furniture or where you have roommates unless again the location is to good to pass up I wouldn't mind trying the "dorm life" for year to see how it is.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by librab103 View Post
Well more or less closer to Ga Tech.... seeing that I will most likely spend a good amount of years there. I don't mind even going to $750 if the area/place is right. I am an older student. I am 26 and have lived off campus ever since I started college *cough* 7 years ago *cough*. I am trying to avoid apartments that already have furniture or where you have roommates unless again the location is to good to pass up I wouldn't mind trying the "dorm life" for year to see how it is.
Understood. In that case, near Ga Tech would be midtown. Even at $750 -finding a nice apartment in that area is highly unlikely (w/o a roomie) but I wish you luck with your search.

PS as you search you will probrably come across one place in Midtown/Buckhead in your price range (The Darlington, on Peachtree) AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE! There is a reason why it is so cheap!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPAT View Post
Understood. In that case, near Ga Tech would be midtown. Even at $750 -finding a nice apartment in that area is highly unlikely (w/o a roomie) but I wish you luck with your search.

PS as you search you will probrably come across one place in Midtown/Buckhead in your price range (The Darlington, on Peachtree) AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE! There is a reason why it is so cheap!
Do you know of a site where people post rooms/apts for rents who are looking for a roommates?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:55 PM

atlanta apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

also if you google "roommate finder" you will get a ton of sites that offer this service.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:28 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,741,685 times
Do you have your info that you can PM me? I have a great friend with two rental units in Midtown, right near the park. Great family lives upstairs...great street too.
I can send her your info and she'll get back to you if she has one of the apartments open. She usually rents to GA Tech Grad students so this could be a good fit.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:29 PM

How is the crime around midtown? I notice a lot of crime happen in the south part of Atlanta. What about the north part of Atlanta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta