Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2008, 06:52 PM

157 posts, read 307,771 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My wife and I will be moving to the Atlanta area sometime in August. We are very excited. We will be working off of Power Ferrys Road NW. We are looking for some apartments around the area that are safe and allow for a relatively short 20-30min commute. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Also we heard about Preston Glenn at Bridgemill. We know this commute will be longer but we wanted to know if any one has any info regarding this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,912,550 times
The reviews on apartmentratings.com for that community are around 58% positive, and for that site, that's not "bad", as people tend to log on to complain more than compliment. Anything above a 50% rating is usually good.

Take the reviews that aren't detailed and well-written with a grain of salt, but if you're good at picking out what folks mean with their comments, the review may be of help:

Review: Preston Glen at Bridgemill Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Canton apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 06-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Thank you for your response. We looked at that website and it is hard to read what the real deal is on that site. We have also seen Avonlea @ Towne Lake. They seem to have the same rating as well.

Would you suggest any other apartments closer to the work location. Any good apartments to look at in Sandy Springs, Marietta ect.

I know you are not the apartmentguide.com but i have seen you post on here several times and thought you would good infomation for us.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletnice View Post
Thank you for your response. We looked at that website and it is hard to read what the real deal is on that site. We have also seen Avonlea @ Towne Lake. They seem to have the same rating as well.

Would you suggest any other apartments closer to the work location. Any good apartments to look at in Sandy Springs, Marietta ect.

I know you are not the apartmentguide.com but i have seen you post on here several times and thought you would good infomation for us.

Thanks
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I'm not really "up" on the communities in that area anymore. All I can say is to carefully read those apartment reviews because there are SOME sane people on there who write their thoughts well, and show that they're not just some nutjob who's mad for no good reason.

Promove.com is a service others have said good things about on here. You do have to pay, but they're supposedly fairly good at matching people up with what they want in the area. Hopefully as the thread ages, others will chime in as well with suggestions.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 PM

36 posts, read 221,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Thanks for that, but unfortunately I'm not really "up" on the communities in that area anymore. All I can say is to carefully read those apartment reviews because there are SOME sane people on there who write their thoughts well, and show that they're not just some nutjob who's mad for no good reason.

Promove.com is a service others have said good things about on here. You do have to pay, but they're supposedly fairly good at matching people up with what they want in the area. Hopefully as the thread ages, others will chime in as well with suggestions.
Promove was free for me and I used them not that long ago. When did they start making people pay? Did I read wrong? But yeah, Promove is helpful, good suggestion.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgirl07 View Post
Promove was free for me and I used them not that long ago. When did they start making people pay? Did I read wrong? But yeah, Promove is helpful, good suggestion.
I've heard people say there were fees involved, so I guess I was wrong (?).

Old 06-21-2008, 06:46 PM

Any other help? Anyone?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,408 times
I do not recommend Preston Glen at Bridgemill..You pay the hefty price just because it is right across from the pricey Bridgegmill housing development... I am a positive person but I have to say was quite disappointed with them. Lots of dog poop on the grounds,ridiculous utility charges which I swear is a scam somehow, non functioning hot tub since the day I moved in (I was there for a year and a half), malfunctioning gates most of the time, - etc..Good luck

Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 PM

mrspie1, just as a "FYI", the post you replied to is 13 months old. There's a very good chance the people seeking the answer aren't still monitoring the thread to see your reply. Being new, one reference that's handy to make when posting is to see the upper-right corner of a posting where it will show you the date it was posted. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta