Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,212,493 times

Advertisements

Anyone know how long the waitlist is at Dunwoody Prep? Is it tough to get accepted, or is it definite as long as you wait it out?

Just curious- we're planning on having our first baby in 2011, and we'd also be looking in the Dunwoody/Brookhaven/Chamblee area.

Spacelord- what days/hours does that $300 rate typically cover?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,537,574 times
Hey Go Blue 99....I called all around, visited several facilities, and we finally settled on the Primrose School located in Dunwoody. I called Dunwoody Prep and they made it sound like it was virtually impossible to become a new student there...more or less, you get placed on a "call list" along with I don't know how many other people, so then when an opening occurs everyone gets called and whoever gets there first gets the prize. This was way too stressful for me, esp. since our kid is due in June, so I just let it go. We went to Creme de la Creme, Primrose, Dunwoody Academy (aka, Infants of D'woody), and Kindercare. CdlC was really nice, but it was too far of a drive to their location in Buckhead. Dunwoody Academy appeared messy and there was no security on the doors, so we walked all the way into the nursery area before someone even noticed us (scary!). Kindercare was depressing, smelled bad, and was a huge step down compared to the others, and not really that much cheaper. For about $300 a week, it is full-time care (6:30-6:30), however diapers and food is not included (at CdlC they are included, but they cost slightly more at a flat $1530 or so per month). I was pleased with the staff and secluded nature of Primrose, so we signed up there.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM

18 posts, read 71,727 times
Primrose of Dunwoody is fantastic!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:51 PM

24 posts, read 102,898 times
Dunwoody Prep is excellent. If you want to check it out on a short-term basis before committing long-term, usually you can sign up your child for the summer program and get a feel for what it offers. Priority goes to people who use DP as their regular childcare, but spaces are still available to others in the summer.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 10,958 times
Smile Quality Preschool

Just ran across another nearby school - turns out people from Dunwoody Prep branched out to open a place in Sandy Springs called The Legacy Centre. Here's their web page - looks like they will maintain the quality, and the waiting list isn't rough: [URL="http://www.TheLegacyCentre.com"]www.TheLegacyCentre.com[/URL]

Old 12-06-2009, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 10,160 times
I am looking for a Mother's morning out program in Roswell. I have been looking online but the options seems a bit limited? Any suggestions?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:07 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,739,067 times
Most of the MMO programs are run through Churches and Synagogues...have you checked into those?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 9,712 times
I am due in late july/early august and looking for someone to share a nanny with in Dunwoody. Anyone know of a message board or way to meet others that might be interested?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 PM

16 posts, read 85,143 times
Jane Newman is the director at Dunwoody Prep. Call her. My child was at Infants of D and Creme before DP. Dunwoody Prep is the best by far in my opinion and worth the price.
If you get the waiting list just call her regularly. It is tougher to get in for 3's as you have a group and individual observation.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM

4 posts, read 14,442 times
Creme de la creme in buckhead offers good education but they are dirty and the teachers don't make sure the kids wash their hands so your kids will be sick all the time. Antibiotics every month and strep throat going around every month in 2-3 yr old class. Very dirty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta