Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 19,192 times

Advertisements

Our 2 yr old attended the school for a week and from the very first day the teacher started complaining us about her crying. To help her out in this we used to stay at the school and come in the class on and off to make her comfortable.But noticed that the teacher was intentionally not paying any attention to our child.she never liked to pick up our child when she used to cry and not even a single day she changed her diapers.We addressed the issue to the co-director and explained her that the teacher should try to comfort her rather than complaing us about her crying but it was never resolved insted we were suggested to take her off from the school. The school co-director seems to be a poor representative of the school not knowing school rules and regulations and damaging the school image for her own personal reasons for defending the class teacher.Having such a bad experience ,We finally moved our daughter out from the preschool. After paying nearly 500 bucks for a week school we realised that they are only in the business of making money and not helping children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 02:31 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,049,053 times
When my son was just past his 3rd birthday, we enrolled him in a preschool. He cried every day, according to the teacher. Eventually she directed him to a chair in the corner, where he was welcome to sit until he stopped crying. At that point, we decided he just wasn't ready for the whole preschool experience, and kept him home another year. At four, he was much more willing to go. Two years old is very, very young for the preschool crowd. Try again next year.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 PM

52 posts, read 251,809 times
Good to know re: Progressive. I thought they sounded pretty cool when I thought my daughter might like to go to preschool. We did a lot of research, too. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:39 PM

3 posts, read 15,769 times
Exclamation Be careful in extrapolating from one parent's experience

Don't conclude anything from one parent's experience. Our 3-year old attended a preschool last year that had a very good reputation. Our experience was terrible. I know other parents who have had great experiences at the same preschool.

We switched to Atlanta Progressive Preschool and have had a wonderful experience. The teachers and administrators are highly competent and compassionate. We could not be more pleased. I'm sure this is not uncommon that two parents can have such opposed experiences with the same school. I suggest that if you're considering sending a child to a preschool you spend time observing the current class. If the school is new speak with the administrators and teachers prior to enrolling.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM

64 posts, read 92,321 times
Children can benefit socially from pre-school by interacting with other kids their own age, learning basic addition, subtraction, spelling, alphabelt, etc. but if your child is not ready to be away from home for hours at time than why put them through that if you have other options? In my opinon pre-school can be benefical for young kids for the reasons I stated above but if they don't go they aren't missing out on anything serious.

Also, why on earth would the pre-school teacher be suprised that a two year old would cry in what seemed like a new strange and scary enviornment to her?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 6,443 times
Our kid attended APP and loved it. We thought the teachers were sweet to our child.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 13,866 times
My son attends APP and we couldn't be happier with the school. Maybe you were ready for your 2 year old to leave the nest and they picked up on your anxiety?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 6,167 times
My child has attended APP for the past two years and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. Maybe your chld was upset because you kept entering and leaving the class, which may have confused him/her.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:50 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,834,305 times
The OP posted this well over a year ago

Old 05-18-2010, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,855 times
The APP is a dream come true for us. Beautiful, insightful, practical and nurturing environment. They give each child a generous amount of attention - they actually PLAY with the kids, engage them, inspire them, keep them safe and foster of love of learning through experience. I am so grateful to be a part of the community there. My husband, son and I all love the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: