Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:00 AM

133 posts, read 504,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonbsingh View Post
I live in CCOS and will always live in CCOS i wanna rais my children there becuase it is the best neighborhood in georgia, besides he houses being aweosme i love mine the most becuase you can see pretty muhc my whole neighborhood form my roof
Sarah, thank you for that tidbit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 04:56 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs View Post
Thanks for the quick responses. Are burglaries / break-ins common in Alpharetta and the surrounding area? Do gated subdivisions generally prevent these things, with the aforementioned CCOS cat-burglar a rare exception? Thanks again.

As far as I know, Alpharetta's crime is low. Violent crimes are very rare. Property crime is fairly low.

Very few places in America, including gated communities, are totally immune to crime. We live in America and we know that we're a violent country. If you're at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's bad news. I, myself, am the victim of a very violent crime.

Gated communities are generally unmanned with electronic gates ,or manned with 24-hour guards. Electronic gates provide a little measure of security but it won't deter each and every criminal.

Manned 24-hour gate-guarded communities offer a few more protections and deterrents but it's not perfect. A number of years a go, a Florida newspaper had one of their journalists investigate 24-hour guard-gated communities in Southwest Florida. What he found out was very disturbing. This journalist was able to access quite a few 24-hour guard-gated communities with very few questions asked at the front gate. Many of the gated community residents were shocked that their community had such lax safeguards.

I am aware of the brutal murder of a very wealthy couple inside their home in the exclusive 24-hour guard-gated community of Montreux in Reno, Nevada two-years ago. It was big news in the Reno area. The couple owned six or seven multimillion dollar homes across the country.

Criminal activity can sometimes be linked to residents inside a gated community. That was the case of a Windward gated community, in Alpharetta, about 10-years. A few teenage boys living within the gated Windward community were getting their jollies by vandalizing homes.

A while back the very exclusive gated community of Sugarloaf, in Gwinnett County, had two high-class prostitutes turning tricks in their very expensive home. That is unusual. At least, I think it is!

The Country Club of the South did have a string of burglaries in the '90s. This guy was a professional and he alluded police for quite some time. As I recall, his wife sat in their car while he was stealing all of the expensive loot.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:35 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvincent View Post
The Country Club of the south is one of the most prestigious addresses in Atlanta. Only the Cherokee Town and Country Club carries more 'clout'. The community is guard gated. No one can just go cruising in the community because they want to see how the homes look, your name has to be on a list with the guard. The golf course there is fantastic and they also have an active and amzing tennis club as well. Many celebrities have choosen the CCOS as their home like Whitney Houston and many players from Atlanta's prfessional teams. The homes are pricey but worthit. The homes are gorgeous and the HOA with its expensive dues and strict rules ensures the community stays beautiful. Also the community is zoned to Chattahoochee High School which consistantly ranks among the top three best high schools in the state. Woodward North is also nearby.

I'm glad to hear the golf course is fantastic. It should be fantastic for what the CCOS residents had to pay in a special assessment. I heard the assessments were quite high. This assessment was a number of years ago--not recently. At the time, I guess the CCOS golf course wasn't measuring up to prestigious standards, so residents had to pony up big bucks. Big bucks!!!!

Old 12-21-2008, 07:54 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
I heard there were issues with the stucco in some homes. Might want to check that out beofre you buy a house there.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:29 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs View Post
Is Country Club of the South worth the price (vs. other Alpharetta or Duluth subdivisions)?
There is a $250/month homeowners fee (and about 20% higher property taxes).
What does one get for the homeowners fee?
Bragging rights.

And CCoS is in Johns Creek, not Alpharetta or Duluth.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Bragging rights.

And CCoS is in Johns Creek, not Alpharetta or Duluth.
Actually the club area is Johns Creek and some homes but the majority of the homes are in Alpharetta but the cheaper homes way in the back are in Roswell so next time please know what your talking about since you're trying to make it look like everyone else is wrong and don't know when your really the one who's wrong

Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,900,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaperel View Post
Actually the club area is Johns Creek and some homes but the majority of the homes are in Alpharetta but the cheaper homes way in the back are in Roswell so next time please know what your talking about since you're trying to make it look like everyone else is wrong and don't know when your really the one who's wrong
Six years later.....

Old 06-12-2014, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,639 times
Lol well I'm looking to move there so I've been doing my research so I just happened to find this thread googling information

Old 06-12-2014, 08:21 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,369,560 times
Quote:

You crack me up. Hilarious!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,467 times
Quote:

Lol well I'm looking to move there so I've been doing my research so I just happened to find this thread googling information
Maybe you should take your own advice? No part of country club of the south sits inside the Alpharetta city limits. As a matter of fact, no part of Alpharetta goes as far south as Old Alabama Rd.

You should probably buy a map before you move in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta