Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times

Advertisements

pretty WF singles dont stay single very long on the hood. you will be in demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 02:04 AM

3 posts, read 10,948 times
With all due honesty... because I am born and raised in the campcreek and surrounding areas, you will be the only white person around for much of the time that you're there. I do understand that during the day, some whites (very few in number) will come in and shop, but for the most part the area is Black. Im just being honest. And true, there is some crime over there... the teenagers tend to hang out over there and will steal your car if they could. Lol! I know because it happened to me. But nonetheless, crime is ALL OVER and you cant exscape it when living in a major city and esp within the city. But I'd have to agree that other areas such as the ones named earlier would be nice. I am very fond of the Vinings area.. You will love it there and lots of the communities there are mixed. You will be able to get an affordable, cute townhome for 150k there as well... but if you're really looking for a sfh it might be a little more.
Oh and yes... Since everyone is migrating to the Campcreek area, it has gotten way too congested trying to gain access to the expressway right there on that ramp to 285!

Not talking my opinion... telling you what I know sweetheart.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 PM

117 posts, read 254,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia313 View Post
I am a 26 year old white, female single teacher looking for a home. I teach in south Clayton County, but want to live within 15-20 mins from downtown/midtown so I can still have a social life in other words, I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN HENRY, CLAYTON, COWETA, OR FAYETTE counties, and probably not too far north (no north fulton) west (no paulding), or east (no rockdale). I still love going out and being part of the singles bar/club scene, but sick of apartment living and just want my own four walls! I want to own my own home, but it seems that south fulton is my only option in terms of price and location (I'm looking for homes under 150k - and like the idea of owning newly built townhome or SFH). I really really really like the Camp Creek area, but don't want to be the only white person there. I work in a predominantly black environment and have many black friends/acquaintances, so I don't want to be somewhere entirely whitebread either. Any ideas? Are black people going to think I'm weird for living off Camp Creek? Should I seriously look elsewhere? Smyrna? Mabelton? Decatur? By the way, I'm originally from Detroit and pretty liberal and would appreciate being around other northern transplants (ie not heavily rednecky - no offense to anyone).

Thanks again and I hope that this thread doesn't offend anyone.
Moving to camp creek you will be only the only white person out there for sure. Georgia is funny like that camp creek is where the black people with new money or think they have money move to.

Could you survive in camp creek sure, being around northern transplants don't think that will happen in camp creek area.

Your best bet is live to downtown somewhere buckhead,midtown etc. you just won't own a home. But Atlantic station does have nice condos in your price range along with crime good luck!

Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 AM

324 posts, read 659,913 times
I dont get this everyone is telling her that she needs to move 30 mins away from where she teaches which is going to cause her to spend more money on Gas.. Wouldn't it be wiser to make her commute shorter???? I say campcreek is fine. There are alot of great places to choose from in that area... Some people are giving opinions as if there goong to be moving there.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:57 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,975,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia313 View Post
It's me, the OP I ended up buying a new home between Camp Creek and South Fulton off of Mason Rd. It is the 30349 zip code. Most of my neighbors seem friendly. Camp Creek Marketplace has MOSTLY everything I need, but I wish I was closer to a real mall or shopping venue. I am not impressed with SouthLake or Greenbriar. Actually drove up to Atlantic Station yesterday. Anyhow I do see a slight blending of other races besides black and mostly everyone is classy and professional seeming. I'm happy, but then again, I should be because it's not like I'm selling anytime soon. lol. Thanks again for all the advice and encouragement.

Well I think that we can end this recent conversation, because the OP bought her house nearly 2 years ago.....let's watch dates, shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta