Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2023, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 1,350 times

Advertisements

We are wondering about buying a home in Easley,toll Brothers.Does any one know about Sounth Indian population in that area? It is in Woodstock,GA with Little river elementary as base school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2023, 12:54 PM

217 posts, read 216,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowglen View Post
We are wondering about buying a home in Easley,toll Brothers.Does any one know about Sounth Indian population in that area? It is in Woodstock,GA with Little river elementary as base school.
The South Indian population of Woodstock -- while growing -- is not very high.

While you may have a South Indian neighbor or two in the neighborhood, there will most likely not be a very large South Indian community in the Woodstock area for some time (if ever).

If being in or near a large South Indian community is a priority for you and your family, I might consider the Chimney Creek, Holbrook Reserve, and Montebello subdivisions in Northwestern Forsyth County. Each of these new-construction subdivisions is being built by the same builder as Easley in Woodstock (Toll Brothers), and at a similar price point. In each of these subdivisions, at least half of your neighbors will be Indian or of Indian heritage (mostly from South India). The schools are Poole's Mill Elementary, Liberty Middle, and either West Forsyth High (Chimney Creek) or North Forsyth High (Holbrook Reserve and Montebello).

Last edited by DoubleZ OTP; 03-03-2023 at 01:04 PM..

Old 03-05-2023, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 3,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ OTP View Post
The South Indian population of Woodstock -- while growing -- is not very high.

While you may have a South Indian neighbor or two in the neighborhood, there will most likely not be a very large South Indian community in the Woodstock area for some time (if ever).

If being in or near a large South Indian community is a priority for you and your family, I might consider the Chimney Creek, Holbrook Reserve, and Montebello subdivisions in Northwestern Forsyth County. Each of these new-construction subdivisions is being built by the same builder as Easley in Woodstock (Toll Brothers), and at a similar price point. In each of these subdivisions, at least half of your neighbors will be Indian or of Indian heritage (mostly from South India). The schools are Poole's Mill Elementary, Liberty Middle, and either West Forsyth High (Chimney Creek) or North Forsyth High (Holbrook Reserve and Montebello).
DoubleZ,

I know that the southern end of Forsyth Co has a large Indian population (Lambert, South Forysth and Denmark high schools). Would you say that West Forsyth and North Forsyth currently do too? Or will in the future?

Old 03-05-2023, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pba03 View Post
DoubleZ,

I know that the southern end of Forsyth Co has a large Indian population (Lambert, South Forysth and Denmark high schools). Would you say that West Forsyth and North Forsyth currently do too? Or will in the future?
Indeed, South Forsyth County has a very large and rapidly-growing Indian population... approximately 1 in 3 residents (33.3%) of South Forsyth County is Indian or of Indian heritage (as of the 2020 Census). In 2010, that number was 1 in 10 (10%). By the end of this decade (2030), that figure will be at least 1 in 2 (50%).

In West Forsyth County (which, for this analysis, I'll consider to be the area bounded by Hwy 20/Canton Hwy to the north, the Forsyth County Line to the west, Hwy 9/Atlanta Hwy to the south, and the City of Cumming city limits to the east), the Indian community is smaller, but also rapidly-growing... approximately 1 in 6 residents (16.7%) of West Forsyth County is Indian or of Indian heritage (as of the 2020 Census). By the end of this decade, that figure will be somewhere between 1 in 3 (33.3%) and 1 in 2 (50%) depending on how many new houses are constructed in the West Forsyth area in the coming years.

Essentially... West Forsyth County is on the same trajectory as South Forsyth County, but about a decade behind; West Forsyth in 2030 will resemble South Forsyth in 2020.

As for North Forsyth (which, for this analysis, I'll consider to be the area to the north of Hwy 20/Canton Hwy, north of the City of Cumming city limits, and west of Hwy 400)... the Indian community there is still very small (1 in 50 or 2.5% as of the 2020 Census). However, like in South Forsyth and West Forsyth, North Forsyth's Indian community is growing rather quickly. I expect for North Forsyth to follow the trajectory of West Forsyth; by the end of the decade (2030), I anticipate that roughly 1 in 6 individuals (16.7%) residing in North Forsyth in 2030 will be Indian or of Indian heritage. Essentially... North Forsyth County is on the same trajectory as West Forsyth County, but about a decade behind; North Forsyth in 2030 will resemble West Forsyth in 2020.

Last edited by DoubleZ OTP; 03-05-2023 at 08:01 PM..

Old 03-06-2023, 10:56 AM

4 posts, read 3,416 times
Double Z,

Thank you for the thoughtful response as always. Do you project East Forsyth to follow the same trajectory as North Forsyth? I'm calling East Forsyth the area north of 369 and east of 400.

Old 03-08-2023, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pba03 View Post
Double Z,

Thank you for the thoughtful response as always. Do you project East Forsyth to follow the same trajectory as North Forsyth? I'm calling East Forsyth the area north of 369 and east of 400.
I don't see it happening honestly... at least not at the same rate as west of 400. I could be wrong, though.

"East Forsyth" has a different vibe than the rest of the county, IMO. It may as well be Hall County/Gainesville with a bit more affluence (much of "East Forsyth" has a Gainesville mailing address, in fact). The area immediately surrounding Highway 400 (around Browns Bridge Church) will begin to develop more intensely in the coming years, but I expect that areas away from 400 will not grow especially quickly in the coming years.

Old 04-17-2023, 07:07 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ OTP View Post
I don't see it happening honestly... at least not at the same rate as west of 400. I could be wrong, though.

"East Forsyth" has a different vibe than the rest of the county, IMO. It may as well be Hall County/Gainesville with a bit more affluence (much of "East Forsyth" has a Gainesville mailing address, in fact). The area immediately surrounding Highway 400 (around Browns Bridge Church) will begin to develop more intensely in the coming years, but I expect that areas away from 400 will not grow especially quickly in the coming years.
Indeed, based on the most recent enrollment data available (2021-2022), there were 9 Asian students out of 1069 total students at East Forsyth High.

Old 04-17-2023, 09:18 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Indeed, based on the most recent enrollment data available (2021-2022), there were 9 Asian students out of 1069 total students at East Forsyth High.
Some significant bit of irony seems to be that, according to figures provided by the Georgia Department of Education as of the 2nd of March of 2023 in the current school year, there were 331 Hispanic students out of 1,448 students enrolled at East Forsyth High School.

Those 331 Hispanic students made up just under 29% of all students enrolled at East Forsyth High School.

So even though there may not be a noticeable Asian population in the area, there very much does appear to be a significant Hispanic population in the area served by East Forsyth High School.

https://oraapp.doe.k12.ga.us/ows-bin...pub.entry_form

https://oraapp.doe.k12.ga.us/ows-bin...ade.entry_form
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta