Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,071,799 times

Advertisements

There are many options in Atlanta. CA has a big gay community but straight people still date. For some reason the Bay Area has a lot, a lot of single men. In NY there also seemed to be an abundance of single men. But in GA there are a lot of married men too (especially the older you get). From my friends in GA they seem to feel that, that has hurt their chances. But I hear similar complaints from friends in the Bay, LA, NY, NC, etc. So don't move to Alaska as your future might be in GA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 07:55 PM

40 posts, read 160,097 times
Full of women and men (who are gay..) lol jk I love u guys!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:27 AM

143 posts, read 346,157 times
I think that women have a slight edge in the Atlanta population statistics, but every time I go out, there is absolutely no shortage of dudes around. Some bars attract more women, some attract more men - it'll take a while to find places that have the mix you're looking for and the right atmosphere, but there's certainly not a shortage of single dudes.

I've found that if you look happy, comfortable and confident, you'll meet men no matter the ratio. None of my single girlfriends have had serious issues dating in and around Atlanta, and I can't report any issues either. I think that a lot of women who have serious complaints with the men of an entire city need to reevaluate their attitudes and what types of men they continue to pick, and they'll likely find that they themselves are at least partially at fault for their "bad luck." It's a whole lot easier to blame population statistics and an entire city than it is to look at your own choices and realize that you pick losers.

Also, I think some of the posters may have assumed you were male because of your username. Evan is usually a name associated with men, so I think it was an honest mistake.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,025,361 times
comment removed by moderator - don't insult posters. Check the Census

Atlanta Population
Male 206725 49.64%
Female 209749 50.36%

Atlanta male/female population is damn sure even. If you take out the gay men, lesbian women, etc it balance out. The reason it seems like its more women is because women go out in packs, most men go out solo or with one male friend. Women go out 5/6 deep.

Some women will come in here and say that all the men or gay or DL, you can say the same for the lesbians and the DL women.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 08-05-2010 at 07:21 AM..

Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,534,234 times
"The reason it seems like its more women is because women go out in packs, most men go out solo or with one male friend."

I couldn't have said it better myself. I also think some women are overlooking regular guys and clinging to their Sex and the City fantasy of dating handsome doctors who are both charming and sensitive. Sorry ladies, those guys are probably gay.

I will say that the lifestyle of this city makes it more difficult to meet people than in other cities. You have to actively 'go out' to meet people at bars and clubs. There aren't many other options that are really good for it unless you count church or school and not everyone attends either of those. There aren't many popular parks, gallerys, or things like that that attract compatible people.
There's also the car culture vs. walking and public transit. It's hard to hit on some girl if she's 5 lanes over.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,407,594 times
Ill put it like this... a lot of black women here have a hard time dating for whatever reason.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
"The reason it seems like its more women is because women go out in packs, most men go out solo or with one male friend."

I couldn't have said it better myself. I also think some women are overlooking regular guys and clinging to their Sex and the City fantasy of dating handsome doctors who are both charming and sensitive. Sorry ladies, those guys are probably gay.

I will say that the lifestyle of this city makes it more difficult to meet people than in other cities. You have to actively 'go out' to meet people at bars and clubs. There aren't many other options that are really good for it unless you count church or school and not everyone attends either of those. There aren't many popular parks, gallerys, or things like that that attract compatible people.
There's also the car culture vs. walking and public transit. It's hard to hit on some girl if she's 5 lanes over.

True. They are looking to marry the 6'4 guy with a 6 pack driving a Bentley. They are overlooking the blue collared workers.

Best place to meet women is at church, professional organizations, happy hours, any Walmart/Target in any middle class section of Atlanta, etc

Old 08-04-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Ill put it like this... a lot of black women here have a hard time dating for whatever reason.
Can they cook? Are they crazy? To me it seems like all the women that are worth marrying are already married or they are about to become married

Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 PM

143 posts, read 346,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Can they cook? Are they crazy? To me it seems like all the women that are worth marrying are already married or they are about to become married
*facepalm*

This post is so much fail.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:56 PM

288 posts, read 959,656 times
Funny how Writerdawg decided to dig this thread up that is two years old lol. No such thing as too many girls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta