Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2006, 05:37 PM

5 posts, read 23,156 times

Advertisements

Anyone have info on the availability of jobs for RNs in Gwinnett County? Best places to work? Approximate hourly rate for RNs? Any info would be most appreciated...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2006, 06:41 PM

232 posts, read 1,722,685 times
I'd have to say that from the people I know that RN jobs are in abundance basically everywhere. I think you'd have no problem starting out in the mid 40's (per year) with a nice sign on bonus at most of the major medical centers. Obviously, you would want to check with Gwinnett Medical Center, Eastside Medical Center, Kaiser, Dekalb Medical Center, Also with some medical recruiters. I know one if you would like to be in contact with her. If interested, pm me.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:28 AM

465 posts, read 2,426,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven2149 View Post
I'd have to say that from the people I know that RN jobs are in abundance basically everywhere. I think you'd have no problem starting out in the mid 40's (per year) with a nice sign on bonus at most of the major medical centers. Obviously, you would want to check with Gwinnett Medical Center, Eastside Medical Center, Kaiser, Dekalb Medical Center, Also with some medical recruiters. I know one if you would like to be in contact with her. If interested, pm me.
My mom is a registered nurse and I am currently a nursing student graduating in May. She is working at the Veteran's Administration Hospital in Decatur currently through an agency and is making about $37 per hour. Pay rages vary greatly, depending on what healthcare system, hospital, or particular unit you have experience in; with ICU, ER, and CCU paying the highest. It also depends on your years of experience, and what area your experience is in. I have another friend that works in PACU at Northside Hospital and is making $30 per hour. I think on average, if you have at least 5 years experience, you make at least $27-$30 per hour. Unfortunetly, Georgia pay is nothing to write home about. If you want, you can come down here and start out with an agency, get paid more, and try different hospitals out before you decide. Working enviornments vary, different hospitals treat their employees differently, some have more perks than others, it just depends. My mom currently works for Maxim Healthcare, and seems happy. She's 58 though, and close to retirement, and is tired of hospital nursing. Agency work is something she is doing until she figures out what she wants to do as a nurse while she slowly eases out of her career field. PM me if you have more questions. Good Luck!!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:40 AM

3 posts, read 19,115 times
Anyone have any information on home care nsg? I have an interview with uhs-pruitt/united home health, and wondered how the company was to work for.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:07 AM

86 posts, read 416,025 times
You might want to try the Nursing forum and search for ATL. I get most of my information from that site and this one.
SYN RN

Last edited by SynMelRN2007; 01-27-2008 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: wromg email link

Old 02-17-2008, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 15,719 times
I'm an RN and thinking of moving to Atlanta for retirement but with healthcare the way it is I will probably have to work about 10 more years until 65 for medicare if it's still there. I'm a little afraid of the transition after so many years. I do have a BS and have extensive experience in all types of nursing. I am currently on the IV team and make 54/hour. How much of a cut am I looking at and what alternatives are there. At this late date I cannot go back to floor nursing. What about private duty? Any ideas or help?

Old 02-18-2008, 05:30 PM

86 posts, read 416,025 times
Try the Nursing forum

Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 AM

162 posts, read 683,755 times
Georgia nurses are grossly underpaid, UNLESS they go through an agency. Agency RN's are averaging $35-45/hour. Agency LPN's are around $25/hr.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,253 times
I have check fraud on my criminal background, which has been paid off in full, stemming from the year 1997. I had written a couple of checks from my direct deposit acct. when i moved from one state to another, thinking that my job that i had would deposit my last check into my acct., but instead, they sent the check to my new address which i was not aware of! by that time, i had already depleted my funds and a warrant was issued for my arrest. This has prevented me from obtaining a good job. I need to know which jobs that don't do background checks? until i can resolve this issue by having it expunged.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:08 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,813,069 times
To obtain a Georgia RN license you have to do a background check which includes finger-printing. I believe they told me it was checked with a national data-base.
I think it is hard to find a GOOD job that doesn't require checks, in fact, I had to have a background check to volunteer for the church Sunday School.
It might be worth your time and a few dollars to consult an attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: