Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 PM

3 posts, read 10,035 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to Lawrenceville by the summer from Corinth, Ms. I need any info on the types of neighborhoods that would be pleasant to raise my kids in. Also, are there any types of Manufacturing jobs in the area without having to commute. I am deathly afraid of I-85. Any info would be apprecaited. What about rental homes and prices in the city? What neighborhoods should we stay away from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,402,292 times
Atlanta's not a big "manufacturing" town, and the jobs that are available don't pay all that well. You're likely to find that they're not located in residential areas (or at least not "good" residential areas) for the most part, so a commute is pretty much a given.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:42 AM

5 posts, read 15,673 times
I am also relocating to Lawrenceville from South Carolina and I went to Home Rentals In Atlanta Investments Property Management Investment Properties and their houses for rent are very nice. The school systems are decent and I had to research that because my kids are in junior high and high school. As far as jobs, most jobs are located in Atlanta (at least the ones that pay decent).

Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 5,864 times
Default Think first before you move to the metro atlanta area

Good luck moving to the metro atlanta area, get ready for the long dailly commute and the horrible traffic. If you are moving to Lawrenceville you better hope you get a job around the Duluth, Roswell area. The traffic around the metro atlanta area is horrible and atlanta is just over crowded with people.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:51 PM

207 posts, read 940,917 times
Lawrenceville is becomming very hispanic

Old 05-14-2008, 08:21 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,690,015 times
Default Silly comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
So what's the problem? So is the rest of the country.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:41 AM

19 posts, read 86,558 times
Quote:
Wow, I guess since you're afraid of hispanics I shouldn't tell you that we prefer being called latinos, we all don't come from Spain.

In an effort to educate, please understand and embrace diversity it would really assist your children and you in preparing for the everchanging world because Latinos are the largest growing population in the U.S.. Otherwise get your anxiety prescription now because you will spend your entire life running away...

Old 05-15-2008, 09:18 AM

431 posts, read 2,126,635 times
Ycarrillo....you tell 'em! And we are not all illegal either. Matter of fact, most of us are legal, but you wouldn't know that from listening to the biased media. I think we need more Latinos in Atlanta. We make up about 5% of the population here which is alot less than the national average of 13% of the population as a whole...and growing.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 AM

167 posts, read 770,035 times
Lawrenceville does have a latino population (so does Norcross and Duluth and pretty much all of Gwinnett), but that doesn't mean it's not a desirable location to live. Downtown Lawrenceville is beautiful with lots of great festivals and events on the historic square. There is also lots of fine dining in downtown Lawrenceville (Little River Grill and Dominicks to name a few). I was just in a high-end sporting goods store (Fleet Feet) on the square two weeks ago. I parked my car, shopped and then ate lunch at McCrary's Tavern.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:35 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,690,015 times
Smile I Love Latinos!!!!

Quote:
I liver by Tribble Mill Park and have Latino neighbors, black neighbors, a few white neighbors, Indian neighbors - AND NO PROBLEMS. PLUS I LOVE LATIN WOMEN!!!!!!!! ANY SINGLE DOMINICAN'S???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta