Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 09:24 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,665 times

Advertisements

Is the area at the Doubletree Club hotel a safe area?
It's a mile from the airport.
3400 Norman Berry Drive, Atlanta.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 12:16 PM

340 posts, read 1,576,869 times
I don't live in that area. I think it's relative depending on your definition of safety. If you want to walk outside after dark, no one can guarantee you it's safe. Overall it's not that safe area, IMO.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:29 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,333 times
It's a fine area, plenty of other Airport Hotels and people walking at night (travelers/airport staff/airline staff/locals). I've seen plenty of people walking in that area at night to dine out at the plethora of restaurants in the area.

If your in the Area check out Spondivits!
Spondivits - Atlanta, GA

Old 03-17-2008, 12:39 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,776,450 times
It's not the most attractive area and lower income than most, but it's not a very dangerous area per-se... Just don't wander too far away from the hotel and stick to commercial areas tied to the airport.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasfinest View Post
If your in the Area check out Spondivits!
Spondivits - Atlanta, GA
Sounds like a wonderful place:

By ELIZABETH LEE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 09/12/07

Spondivits Seafood & Steaks scored a 48 out of 100 on a health inspection less than two weeks after the death of a woman who had eaten raw oysters at the popular south Atlanta restaurant.

Fulton County inspectors marked violations for 23 out of 44 categories on the inspection form, including several of the kind most likely to increase risk of foodborne illness, according to documents obtained under the state's open record act.

Inspectors found crab legs, oysters, tuna, roast beef and lobster tails held at temperatures above 41 degrees, with shrimp at temperatures as high as 67 degrees, according to the report. Holding food at improper temperatures can encourage rapid bacteria growth, and is considered one of the most serious violations of food safety standards.

Employees also weren't washing hands properly, and there was no soap available at hand sinks, the report said. Improper handwashing is another high-risk factor for spreading foodborne illness.

Representatives of Spondivits did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday. Fulton County health officials also could not be reached.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:31 AM

179 posts, read 557,535 times
Yep - lots of hotels there. You'll be fine. And I'd venture to say that the homes in that area are actually quite nice and not low-end (Historic College Park and Eagan Park), so I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:42 PM

Location: i stay in multiple pleases including, college park, eastpoint, palmetto and fort valley
1 posts, read 9,974 times
i know the area pretty well norman berry is the road that houses montel homes, (im in school right now but i believed theyve torn it down now) inbetween virginia avenue and cleveland avenue, my suggestion is to stay to the hotel areas and business part, it has some nice homes over there but it doesnt mean its as safe as some would have you to believe. but its not the worste place u could be in that area. east point and college park already has a little reputation. for the most part unless you startin somethin wit someone you should be good.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,375 times
Its like halloween, every day there. One time i stumbled back through there trying to avoid a wreck on the connector.. it was interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta